How to get WiFi Hotspot for HTC One Sprint working - Rooted

jt807

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I just recently rooted my phone, and now I am trying to get WiFi hotspot working. No luck yet.

I tried WiFi Tether TrevE Mod. I couldn't get the network to be seen on my tablet (Nexus 7 2013). I could see it from my laptop, as a ad-hoc network, but couldn't get it to connect.

I have used the built in WiFi hotspot when I was travelling overseas and had a local SIM card in; that worked great. That is the functionality I am looking for, so it works with tablets (more than one) at the same time.

Does anyone have any idea? I didn't install any custom ROMs (not real sure what they are). Is that my answer?

I also have tried PDANet+ and Portable WiFi Hotspot, and they both do the carrier check and tell me to contact my carrier to enable.

jt807

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I will look into that. probably have to find a custom rom that does it, but I don't know anything about them. Both of my son's have tablets (galaxy s3 tab and kindle fire) that will also need to connect.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if a dev has a rom that produces the same Wi-Fi as the carrier, but the tether you get using your carrier somehow is not adhoc. ? Since you have your device rooted already that would be where I'd start. Over rooting two more devices, I'm just saying.

GL

jt807

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. The built in tether app acts as a hotspot (infrastructure), not ad hoc. I am looking for something on my phone that works like that without the carrier check so I don't have root three tablets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463