HTC One battery life

Tim98TA

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
The HTC One is supposed to have a battery that lasts much longer than the HTC LTE. Well, seems that One battery last just the same short amount of time as the LTE.
Sad

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
My one had better battery life than my Evo LTE but it's still not great.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

cliro

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I love the battery life, it's been since 7am since it's been on the charger and at 10pm I still have 29%. And I'm on it quite a bit using facebook,Twitter, internet, and lots of texting. Mind you I'm on WiFi at home and work.

Posted via Android Central App

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I get much better battery life with my HTC One than my previous HTC EVO LTE. It might be that I'm using AT&T now, and I was using Sprint with my EVO LTE. For battery life, I unplugged my phone at 5 am this morning and at 4:45 pm I still have 70% battery life left. I didn't make any phone calls, but I do check email and news throughout most of the day.

lupos

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I'd live it if people would included carrier on threads like this it makes a huge difference. I have a One sprint and I get terrible battery life. My Wife has an iPhone 5s and she gets ok battery life but a late night will usually kill it. I also have a work iphone 5s on verizon (in NYC btw) and it lasts for like 3 days off the charger. I don't have as many things syncing on it as I do on the one but 8hrs vs 48+ is absurd.

Tim98TA

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I'd live it if people would included carrier on threads like this it makes a huge difference. I have a One sprint and I get terrible battery life. I don't have as many things syncing on it as I do on the one but 8hrs vs 48+ is absurd.
I have a One from Sprint too. I used to get MAYBE 12 hours from it before it hit 14%. All of asudden I am getting about 7-8 hours before it hits 14%. I am not big on any apps or surfing the net. I have a pc for the net.
I have only Drop Box and my contacts syncing with Gmail.

3Dee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I find the battery on the HTC One is hugely impacted by the jiggery pokery Google do behind the scenes. I've had days where I've used 40% battery and days where I've not make it to the end of the day - same use, same conditions, it's really odd.

So, I think it has the capacity to have superb battery life, and mostly has good to very good battery life, but sometimes it can tank for no discernable reason, which I think is down to the activity of Google behind the scenes.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(973539)

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I find the battery on the HTC One is hugely impacted by the jiggery pokery Google do behind the scenes.

Yep Google Play services, when it does not behave - absolutely hammers the battery. When it does behave I get more than 24 hours life on LTE, moderate use.

geoffzilla

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I just found this conversation after a couple of days of odd battery drain. Looks like google play services is wrecking my battery life. Is there a fix for this?

Tim98TA

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I charge my phone every night. It used to last me from 5am till about 9-10pm that nigt.
Now it lasts from 5am, then at 11am, I get the 30% notice. I have to recharge my battery like 3 times a day now.
I have gone in and stopped the few apps I do have runing. Google seems to restart everything I stop though.
The usage graph shows that the Android System has used 71& of the battery!!!!!!!!