HTC One - Black screen issue

MattHiggins89

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys :)

Just looking for some advice... My HTC One has suddenly flipped out! :confused:

Basically it was at around 65% battery, The phone went quite hot and then I just got a black screen :'(

I've done a few Google search's regarding holding down buttons and a trick with a extremely bright flash light, I managed to get to the boot loader screen with a flashlight, holding down the power and volume button and tried a restart but nothing I haven't tried a factory reset as I'm assuming I'll lose all my data :(

So basically I've now got a black screen but with a bright flash light shined on the phone I can operate it a little?! The battery is almost 0% now aswell?!

Any tips or tricks to help me out :-[

All responses appreciated!

Thanks matt O:)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm almost sounds like a display failure (backlight). Was the device dropped or jolted in any way recently?

MattHiggins89

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm almost sounds like a display failure (backlight). Was the device dropped or jolted in any way recently?

Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting back to me!

The phone was dropped last year around 14 months ago and it did have a crack go through the screen but operation has been fine with no recent drops or jolts?

I wasn't sure if it was a software issue as the phone it self seemed to crash/stop responding randomly :(

MattHiggins89

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
After closer inspection I think you may be right Paul,

The screen seem's to have a ink-ish leak line which has never been there before I think it's time for a screen replacement!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear that.. I think you should be thankful for the extra mileage you got with that crack all this time :)