HTC One: No more zoom on cam after 4.4.2 update

davidtm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
When I tried pinching, then the slider appeared, presumably to make finer adjustments. I've decided to never use zoom because of the grainy results. Better to otherwise crop the final pic.

Sent from my CM 10.1 Touchpad using Tapatalk

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
HTC did Release a letter asking Sprint Users not to download the update that was just PUSHED to Users... A final update is being pushed out on the 11th or 14th... Have fun installing another update.... Sprint Also Confirmed it in the forums... That you MAY CHOSE to download the update, but its at your own risk

balansboy

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
HTC did Release a letter asking Sprint Users not to download the update that was just PUSHED to Users... A final update is being pushed out on the 11th or 14th... Have fun installing another update.... Sprint Also Confirmed it in the forums... That you MAY CHOSE to download the update, but its at your own risk

Not accurate

Posted via Android Central App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Link?

BenjaminBlue

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I had same issue, I would swipe all over the screen moving the auto focus box erratically, and eventually zoom slider would appear.

Here's the trick, just BEGIN a two finger swipe (two fingers swiping inwards towards each other, since camera defaults to zoomed out fully) and that will bring out the slider.

Then, use slider, or keep two finger swiping.

I definitely wish zoom slider was always visible. Quite often I'm holding phone in a way that it's much easier and practical to use slider. I can't hold phone and swipe with two fingers with one hand, simultaneously! But can with the slider.

always

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I had same issue, I would swipe all over the screen moving the auto focus box erratically, and eventually zoom slider would appear.

Here's the trick, just BEGIN a two finger swipe (two fingers swiping inwards towards each other, since camera defaults to zoomed out fully) and that will bring out the slider.

I definitely wish zoom slider was always visible. Quite often I'm holding phone in a way that it's much easier and practical to use slider. I can't hold phone and swipe with two fingers with one hand, simultaneously! But can with the slider.

always

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site

This worked for me! Thank you!

Hope there aren't any other surprises with this update I didn't know I didn't have to install.

spidr8u

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
i am having a zoom issue after update, here isn't one. and its stuck on zoe. I liked the camera options just the way they were.
and now I also have a battery manager on my phone that keeps dimming the screen all of the time and it gets stuck trying to load over and over til I restart the hone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20