HTC One: Problems after KitKat 4.4 update (WiFi and Google TTS)

Eisenhorne

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I am using an HTC One with Rogers. Ever since the KitKat 4.4 upgrade, my WiFi doesn't work properly. I am not able to connect to WiFi access points. Attempting to connect to any WiFi network will give me the error "Failed to connect to network". I cannot turn off the WiFi either. The button will grey out for a while, and then remain in the On state. Rebooting the phone will give me back control of WiFi for a while, but it will soon not work again.

Also, since the 4.3 upgrade, my Google Text-to-Speech will continuously crash when I use Google Maps for navigation. Once it crashes, Maps will not be able to read out street names. I was hoping the 4.4 upgrade would fix this issue, but this is still broken. My wife's HTC One has the exact same issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Problems after KitKat 4.4 update (WiFi and Google TTS)

Nobody has any wifi or TTS problems on their One?

I do not have the update yet on mine but get it a few days to settle down. If it does not change then I'd do a hard reset. Sometimes its your only option.

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site

hey there,

I also carry an international version of HTC one and also facing similar problems. My wifi doesn't connect on my home network all the time and it keeps toggling on and off. Sometimes it works but sometime it doesn't , i cant turn it off and turn it on with 100 % success rate. This problem started 2 days back but not right immediately after the KITKAT update.

Tim Wiseman

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site

I just updated to 4.4 and finally got the google apps to load . everything was fine till today , Now my wifi wont turn on . I can't tether either . The only other issue I have is that I can't send mms . Dont know if that has been since update yesterday or if its related to wifi . I have all other connectivity.. I am on a warp sequent

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site

i am getting frustrated right now . it just turns for brief 2 mins on boot up and then acts like a *****.
i have done via htc support
1. clearing the cache through recovery
2. factory reset

it still has the problems .

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

My WiFi comes on by itself all the time! This only started after kitkat!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Eisenhorne

May 3, 2013
Visit site

Never should've updated to KitKat so early! I was perfectly happy with Jelly Bean.

Hanana

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site

Got the same problem here. Cant connect on my home wi-fi....help!

Hanana

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site

My problem had just solved!

TRY this:
WiFi - then 3 dots - WiFi Direct - 3 dots - Rename Device - HTC One.

Hope it helps.:)

Belhade

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site

I've also been having problems with my WiFi the post week or so, though I only loaded Kit Kat yesterday which didn't solve my problem.

My phone will see and connect to Wi-Fi but show no signal and very little data throughput. If I'm sitting next to my wireless router it works with full bars but as soon as I leave the room it goes to no bars. Several other devices work fine anywhere in the house - my wife's iPhones, the Kindle, my Galaxy S3 from work, etc. My phone will see and connect to any wireless point, including Optimum and community Wi-Fis, but with no signal strength. It's quite infuriating. I'm afraid I'll have to send it in for a bad antenna or something.

Posted via Android Central App

Belhade

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site

I am using an HTC One with Rogers. Ever since the KitKat 4.4 upgrade, my WiFi doesn't work properly. I am not able to connect to WiFi access points. Attempting to connect to any WiFi network will give me the error "Failed to connect to network". I cannot turn off the WiFi either. The button will grey out for a while, and then remain in the On state. Rebooting the phone will give me back control of WiFi for a while, but it will soon not work again.

Also, my phone had this exact issue for a few months but had been working properly until a week ago or so. I still don't know what was fixing or causing these issues.

Posted via Android Central App

James Jetton1

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

Thanks,
Renaming the device to HTC One with your directions cured my problem. Great help, much appreciated.

Marieke de Witte

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

Wow!!

I had exactly the same problem and due to the great tip/tutorial to rename the Wifi-Direct to HTC One, my WIFI WORKS!!!!! SOOO HAPPY!!

thx!:D

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

My WiFi direct is greyed out and I can't open it

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800