HTC One: cleaning speaker grilles?

Thomas Bair

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
So how do we remove food particles from the speaker grillles? Tried sucking on it with one of those wd-40 straws but that didn't really work. Sure would be nice if we could easily remove those for cleaning.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: cleaning speaker grilles?

I would blow some air with a compressed can but only for a second at a time in case it can damage something inside.

Thomas Bair

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
But that then leaves the particle inside to rattle around does it not?

And what about the ladies and their cosmetics? I imagine a few ONE's have been answered while cold cream was being applied. Having that on your thumb while it slides across the grille would certainly block the little grille holes. Geez, how the devil would you ever get that out?

Last edited:

Jason Stroud1

May 20, 2013
Visit site

So how do we remove food particles from the speaker grillles? Tried sucking on it with one of those wd-40 straws but that didn't really work. Sure would be nice if we could easily remove those for cleaning.

Toothbrush bristles if there is dirt packed in, vacuum hose with straw if its not packed in.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

But that then leaves the particle inside to rattle around does it not?

And what about the ladies and their cosmetics? I imagine a few ONE's have been answered while cold cream was being applied. Having that on your thumb while it slides across the grille would certainly block the little grille holes. Geez, how the devil would you ever get that out?

That is just too much make up if it is getting packed into the grills

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

If you were going to use the compressed air method I would blow where there wasn't anything to be blown into the grill and maybe that would compress the compartment and blow whatever out of the hole instead of into it. You could also increase the compression by strategically blocking holes. As for the toothbrush method there are videos on YouTube demonstrating that which could leave stuff in the speaker compartment but if it breaks it up small enough the combination of the toothbrush and compressed air could be the complete solution.???

FYI I think the speaker grills are just glue taped on if you really wanted to remove them and attempt to reseal them.

Paul Vanderwoude

May 6, 2013
Visit site

Try masking tape. Just cover the affected area, press down with your fingers, then pull the tape off. It shouldn't leave any residue. Avoid using duct tape or scotch tape as they can leave residue. Safest of all is the blue (painter's) masking tape.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

I use isopropyl alcohol 99.9% pure to clean speaker grills. Use in conjunction with toothbrushes with worn or short bristles or cut down small paint brushes.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
My top speaker does not sound as loud as the bottom. I have tried the tooth brush bristle method but it has not helped. No crackling so I know the speaker is not blown. Thinking about using alcohol and silica packs to clean it out.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary