HTC or Samsung?

CrouchyCFC

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded next month and don't know if I should stick to HTC or Switch to Samsung. I've had the HTC Desire HD and currently have the HTC One X. Debating on HTC One or Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted via Android Central App

charlee08

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I found that I liked more on the S4 over the One was the camera. But the One camera is pretty darn good itself, just not as good as the S4's.

Posted with my Moto X

CrouchyCFC

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Cool thanks, can't fault HTC and really like the look of the One in Blue. Just hope I don't go for it and couple of weeks later they release the ONE M8

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
HTC One is better this year IMO. So if it's between then 2 phones then I would go with the One. Still loving my device.

AussieAndroid

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Having just recently got my One and then 2 weeks later, setting up my mums Samsung S4.....HTC One definitely.

I wanted to throw that Samsung across the room numerous times as it just didn't make sense to me. I found it lagged more than the one as well.

But the thing that set me off completely was that you couldn't change the bottom row of shortcuts....at all.

balansboy

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I personally love the HTC products. I have had the EVO, EVo 4G LTE, and now the ONE. I love the solid build of thier products. I for one like Sense. I approceiate HTC being on the ball recently to provide updates quickly and being transparent about the process. My wife jumped ship and went from the EVO to the Galaxy 3. She is on her second one as the screen cracked on the first one and the second one now has a small crack. Several people at work with Samsung have cracked screens as well. I just don't think there are built as well.

croaker68

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
If you can upgrade in March, might as well wait to see the Samsung s5 and new HTC One (M8)

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
not really a fair discussion if you post this in the HTC One forum :) looking at the leaked images of the HTC One (M8) it seems to have two cameras at the rear, which will be interesting to see what they do with it

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Having just recently got my One and then 2 weeks later, setting up my mums Samsung S4.....HTC One definitely.

I wanted to throw that Samsung across the room numerous times as it just didn't make sense to me. I found it lagged more than the one as well.

But the thing that set me off completely was that you couldn't change the bottom row of shortcuts....at all.
If you're referring to the dock, you actually can move the icons. Just not the app drawer shortcut

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Also, installing another launcher, like Nova helps too.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I usually upgrade my smartphone around the 1-year mark, and I'm close to that now. I've looked at the different Android phones available, and I still think my current HTC One is the best of all of them. I really like the aluminum body construction as it reminds me of the high-quality build of the Apple products. The only other phone I would consider at this time is the Google Nexus 5, since it has similar specs to HTC One and actually exceed them a bit in processor speed, wireless charging, etc.

So my advice: Get the HTC One over the Samsung smartphone, or wait as other have stated for the next incarnation of the HTC One (M8).

AussieAndroid

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
If you're referring to the dock, you actually can move the icons. Just not the app drawer shortcut

Yes the dock. Can't move them dude. My friend has had her S4 for a while now and found out she can't either (and then got very annoyed lol). Tried long pressing them from different screens and all that jazz. I think I read somewhere that some handsets on some carrier in the US could do it (I'm in Australia), but everyone else was locked out for some reason.