Loudspeaker not working

Maber711

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

So my HTC One is only about 6 months old and today the loudspeaker just stopped working. Nothing has happened to the phone.
When you click on loudspeaker however all the person who rings you can hear is loud static. Ive gotten 4 different people to call me and it's always the same. I can still play music and everything just fine. I use loudspeaker ALL the time so this really sucks! Any advice on why this occurred and what I can do? Thank you so much in advance xx

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! So if I can try to clarify--it sounds like you're having problems with the speakerphone function? And is it specifically with the microphone on your side--so that when you try to talk to the person on the phone while you're on speakerphone, all they hear is static? And otherwise, your phone can play other sounds (like music, videos, etc.) without any problem? That would seem like some problem with the microphone. Are you able to record other things with the microphone, like voice notes? Or use voice commands successfully?

The first thing I would suggest is to make sure the microphones are not clogged with debris, or otherwise blocked. There are 2 microphones--one at the lower edge, and the other on the back of the phone next to the camera.

The second thing would be to reboot the phone, in case you haven't already. By that I mean powering it off completely, then powering back on again.

You ultimately might have to try a complete factory data reset. Here's a thread on the T-Mobile support site that discusses microphone problems: HTC One - Microphone issues | T-Mobile Support

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did anything help? Is the problem solved? Let us know, so that others with similar problems can benefit as well.:cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1