HTC One: Can't disable lock screen now on KitKat update

Adryan Adrian

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Go to settings, security, and go to clear credential. After clear look screen and no look screen will be activated.. sorry for my English

This activate after somewoane or you block the Android phone from Android device manager

* If an administrator of forum understand what I write, please correct my e English

android_duntz

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
I had this problem as well. I never used screen lock. I updated to Kit Kat (which I hate). Then a while later, I turned on screen lock temporarily. When I attempted to turn screen lock off again, I was unable to select the "None" option.

I tried the No Lock app suggested by Whitney Ingram above, which mostly works, but it froze my Nexus 5 several times in a span of two days, forcing a reboot each time.

Finally, as Adryan Adrian suggested above, I tried removing the security credentials via Settings/Security/Clear credentials and then the "None" option for screen lock was enabled again. I don't know exactly what credentials it cleared, but so far it didn't break anything.

JB Arc

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
Another option if you want to keep the security, is to set the screen lock to kick in after 15 minutes before locking - which is it's max.. Then you have peace of mind if phone left unattended or left somewhere, but still user friendly for accessibility if using every few minutes...

jbyron417

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
If you go to Setting / Security / Device Administrators and disable Android Device Manager then go back and clear credentials and restart phone. You should now be able to go to Setting / Security / Screen lock and change it to what ever you want. Once you've done this you can turn Android Device Manager in the Device Administrators back on. :)

lorraine91

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Before the update, I had my lock screen disabled so all I had to do was press the button and my phone came up to the home screen. Now I have to swipe unlock every time and I think I have it set for that not to be that way. Is this just some bug with kitkat? It's very annoying!
Anything I'm missing?

I can't unlock screen lock. I have tried every thing. Please help!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaydenWhitfield