Gallery issue - highlights

gankstar5

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone has heard of or experienced the issue below.

I've observed that photos from camera are automatically added to the highlights folder. That's not the most frustrating part. The worst part is, I remove the unwanted photos from the highlights folder and they mysteriously appear back in the highlights folder again.

Does anyone have any solution to this issue? Apart from hard reset.

Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

gankstar5

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
if you *unhighlight* the photo you want to disappear from your highlight folder it will go away.

Thanks for your response, Troneas. I have tried that, too. I had about 75 photos that decided to highlight themselves. I unhighlighted and also removed them from the highlights folder but they still come back...

Posted via Android Central App

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
this cant be right..

are you *unhighlighting* them in the camera shots folder?

i understand the highlight folder works as a mirror of the camera shots folder. if you make changes to the camera shots folder images such as delete them or remove the highlight it should reflect on the highlight folder.

gankstar5

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
this cant be right..

are you *unhighlighting* them in the camera shots folder?

i understand the highlight folder works as a mirror of the camera shots folder. if you make changes to the camera shots folder images such as delete them or remove the highlight it should reflect on the highlight folder.

Yes, I am.

I just un-highlighted photos from the camera shots album and a few minutes later, the images appeared again in the Highlights folder!

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
ya it appears your gallery app certainly has an issue gankstar5.

mine does not highlight photos on its own.

what i would try before anything drastic is to *unhighlight* all photos if you can and it should remove the highlight folder altogether.

it will create it automatically again when you highlight your next photo and you can monitor how it behaves thereafter.

gankstar5

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
ya it appears your gallery app certainly has an issue gankstar5.

mine does not highlight photos on its own.

what i would try before anything drastic is to *unhighlight* all photos if you can and it should remove the highlight folder altogether.

it will create it automatically again when you highlight your next photo and you can monitor how it behaves thereafter.

Thanks for your response.

Your post gave me an idea which worked. I was tired of un-highlighting the photos. As mentioned, there were about 70 photos. By the time I had un-highlighted all the photos, 10-12 photos came back as highlighted!!

So what I did was, click on the 3 dots and removed the highlights folder from the list of albums. And then, I highlighted a few photos to test.

For now, photos aren't getting highlighted by themselves!

Thanks for your assistance with this issue!

haveyoumeted

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I noticed this same issue, I believe it "highlights" the most frequently viewed photos, but I've also bypassed the problem by just removing the folder.

gankstar5

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I noticed this same issue, I believe it "highlights" the most frequently viewed photos, but I've also bypassed the problem by just removing the folder.

It's a bit frustrating, isn't it? I have noticed that photos are appearing again in the highlights folder. I guess I'll have to remove the folder altogether and not use the highlights function.

Thanks for you reply.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae