Vodafone UK KitKat update?

AlexJ092

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Been waiting a while now, and still no kitkat update for my HTC one. Any idea when the update will drop? Don't feel comfortable rooting my device. Thanks in advance

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

steve short

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Vodafone UK kit Kat update?

I spoke to vodafone today regarding this in their Canterbury store.
I had to change a faulty sim in my note 3.
One of the sales team told me that kitkat has been with Vodafone for quite some time.
So could be imminent.
However the manager then piped up and said vodafone have approved it accordingly to one of the repair centre engineers and that fixed devices were being returned with 4.4

I personally am not holding my breath on this after all a lot of vodafone UK customers have only just got 4.3

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Lee Petchey

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm on Vodafone in the UK and received my update this morning. It didn't push to the device, though - I had to manually search for it.

Ironically, I was looking to see if the 'About' menu had my bootloader version as I was researching S-Off and supercid and accidentally hit the update button!

I work for Vodafone, by that doesn't have any perks in terms of early updates! Still, we look to have beaten the other UK networks, if I'm not mistaken.

Ninjatogo

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

HTC just recently released Kit Kat for every UK provider except EE. Shortly after, they pulled the update. While browsing on the reason why I found, a user on another forum was told by customer service that the update was pulled because of bugs.

weepatc

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site

Received the KitKat OTA from Vodafone on Monday. Installed & running fine here.

kpatel90

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

What model phone do you have? I've got the Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) on Vodafone UK and still haven't received the KitKat 4.4 update. My brother has got the Note 3 also on the same network and he received his update yesterday. Strange that the update for his phone came before mine seeing as the S4 was released earlier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol