HTC One: Speakerphone comes on automatically when placing a call after 4.4 update?

jaspergretsch

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
In the last few days or so after updating to 4.4 I've noticed that the speakerphone comes on automatically when placing a call. This is incredibly annoying.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Last edited by a moderator:

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Speakerphone comes on automatically when placing a call after 4.4 update?

If you have used it on a prior call? I know when I dial voice mail it did, but after the first call I shut it off it hasn't returned

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

Agree with Joe...only happens if you had it on when you ended the previous call. (Not a great feature IMO haha)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

jaspergretsch

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

Agree with Joe...only happens if you had it on when you ended the previous call. (Not a great feature IMO haha)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Nope, I wasn't using it on a previous call. It actually seems to be intermittent. I placed three calls today and it happened on two out of those three.

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site

It has happened to me too. And I never use speakerphone.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

It's been happening to me on a random basis as well. Multiple sessions with HTC have been unable to resolve. On top of that, the purple tint has come back on low light pictures that was fixed on my One. I think I'm going to try to get another replacement.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One on Tapatalk.

Jimmy Walker

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site

Mine does the same thing and it's really annoying!

Posted via Android Central App

ackyash

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site

I'm also facing this problem on my HTC One Dual Sim 802d that the speakerphone comes on automatically when placing a call since last several days after ugrading Android 4.4.2

Happens on a random basis with no fixed pattern.I have spoken to the tech support here in India and they have made me try a numerous things such as rebooting,
running in safe made and even hard reset, but the issue still remains. Seems to be a issue in the Android 4.4.2 / Sense 5.5 update

Please HTC needs to come up with fix at the earliest possible.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I am also having the speakerphone issue from time to time after 4.4.2 update.
In addition, I've been experiencing purple tint issues in low light conditions. Don't know if it is update related, or if the hardware is on it's last leg.... :(

tazman69

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Mine is doing too at random. I can find no pattern as to when it will do it. I have completed several test calls and sometimes it will be fine and other times it will automatically turn on the speakerphone. I quickly learned to make sure the speakerphone is not on before placing it to my ear when initiating a call.

deekej

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
OK, so I have the same issue. I will be reporting it to HTC.
Firstly, I thought I turned it by mistake with my ear. However, today I missclicked, dialed up my friend and while the phone was in front of me, the speaker indicator was on. I haven't accidentally touch with my thingers or so.

I have HTC One Mini, with 4.3 Android & HTC Sense 5.5. This is definitely a software bug, because on the fall of last year, it was working great. (I had a 4.2 Android back then.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie