newly bought htc one

diaz12

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I didn't store much in my htc one, and I encounter occasional lag/freeze issue after 1-2 months of use. Is this normal, and how should I solve this problem?
Thanks. =)

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
This is not normal to have lag/freeze on the HTC One. Perhaps you might want try a backup and reset, which may solve the issue.

+1 to what Gwappa said! Its best to just reset the phone from scratch. Updates can sometimes make things difficult! Have you installed an update in the past few days?

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
While this may sound incredibly stupid, I've seen on these forms in the last couple of months many instances of people failing to do this one simple thing: fully powered down the phone. Don't just hit the power button to turn off the screen. Don't hold power button down and select reset. Select the option to turn the power off, and let it turn off all the way. After it's been shut down for a minute, hold the button for a few seconds and let it power back on.

Posted via Android Central App

diaz12

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
This is not normal to have lag/freeze on the HTC One. Perhaps you might want try a backup and reset, which may solve the issue.

Yeah, I keep finding threads and reviews on HTC one, and none of them complain about lags. :/

+1 to what Gwappa said! Its best to just reset the phone from scratch. Updates can sometimes make things difficult! Have you installed an update in the past few days?

I''ve been installing updates in a timely manner, whenever updates are available. Is there any other way to fix it without resetting the phone? I was hoping to reset the phone as my last resort.

diaz12

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I read about this too, where apps might be running in the background. And I tried that option too (usually when the phone shows signs of lagging), either restart or switch off. Some of the forums were saying restarting the phone is better as switching off is actually a fast boot and it doesn't really close all the apps. The weird thing is that i often clear the cache or memory/RAM, and it seems that this doesn't solve the lag issue.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I read about this too, where apps might be running in the background. And I tried that option too (usually when the phone shows signs of lagging), either restart or switch off. Some of the forums were saying restarting the phone is better as switching off is actually a fast boot and it doesn't really close all the apps. The weird thing is that i often clear the cache or memory/RAM, and it seems that this doesn't solve the lag issue.

You have more than enough RAM to run any apps. It could be some sort of MALWARE or something of that nature though. Thats why I say its best to just start it over from scratch. Then install your apps one at a time to make sure they are all fine. Its more than likely just Android acting up...In most cases anyways.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084