Speed dial problem. Please help.

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
On my wife's HTC one can, this doesn't work.
So everyone understand me, I'm thinking on the thing when you dial for instance 627 for Mark or 23 for Adam.
How to turn this on?

Sent from my HTC One 801e using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I can't say definitely for the HTC One, but for most Android phones these days, there is no longer a speed dial feature like that any more. It's replaced by the ability to place a Direct Dial widget on your homescreen or in a folder--just one tap, and it automatically calls that contact. The Direct Dial widget allows you to specify which phone number of a particular contact to call--the other Contact widget usually prompts you each time, asking you which number to call.

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Not sure I can be much help other than to say that mine works the way you described. It always cracks me up that I have to dial 666 to reach "mom". I can't find any settings to enable it disable the behavior.

Posted via Android Central App

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Hahaha... Can't see the reason why does this doesn't work...

Sent from my HTC One 801e using Tapatalk

davidtm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
With the phone app opened to the keypad, tap the 3 dots to open the menu. Select Smart dial keypad.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
So I guess the question is whether the other phone is showing the full screen keyboard or the smart dial. At first I wasn't seeing the option mentioned above, but saw it after I switched to the full screen keyboard.

Posted via Android Central App