HTC ONE: Power jack problems?

haveyoumeted

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced a problem where your power cord does not "click" into the jack anymore? And does anyone know of this will be covered by the carrier warranty? I believe it may be pushed back into the unit, but I cannot be sure.

Sent from my Bed

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Im not aware of any clicking at all when i plug in any of my devices to my chargers.
If its seated properly there will be some resistance to keep them from unplugging to easily but there is no physical mechanism to make it lock into place or click.
Also the carriers do not warranty anything. Manufacturers warranty the product.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Im not aware of any clicking at all when i plug in any of my devices to my chargers.
If its seated properly there will be some resistance to keep them from unplugging to easily but there is no physical mechanism to make it lock into place or click.
Also the carriers do not warranty anything. Manufacturers warranty the product.

The carrier will warranty your phone if it has been within a year of purchasing it or upgrading. I've called several times with issues with my phone and they said I have until September for a replacement phone from the carrier . no matter how many times.. After that, then you have to go through the manufacturer.. I'm with AT&T..
By the way, I don't noticed if I get the power plug just right and push it in, mine does make a sort of clicking sound. Sometimes it does not. But it's tight and has resistance..

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
just so were clear, the manufacturer warranties the device. The carrier is responsible for the air time and data usage.
What AT&T is doing is acting on behalf of the manufacturer and looking out for their best interest to keep you as a happy customer.
This is why its called a manufacturers warranty.. Returning to the POS (point of sale) aka AT&T store is where HTC is aughtoizing ATT to exhance the unit on their behalf.

but im glad to see your able to get it taken care of. Thats what really matters.

To get back on topic. I generally see data cables fail more often then not when it comes to the data ports on phones. When people come to me saying my phone stopped charging they almost always seem to charge fine with our cables. Then ill have the customer bring the cable if they have not done so and test with theirs, and sure enough its a data cable issue.

haveyoumeted

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the insight, I just need to back up my phone now because I was planning on getting a new phone soon to remedy the purple tint in low light conditions.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Quite often when I plug in my one I find the power cord end does not seat properly. I have to wiggle it around to get it to charge. Other than that I have no problems with my phone.

Sent from my One X using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc