HTC One: Anyone else noticing BlueTooth issues after KitKat update?

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
For some reason, my phone will no longer connect to my BT headset on the first try; I have to turn my headset on and off a couple of times before it links up.
Ive never had this problem before. It will actually say its connected on my screen, the BT symbol will show its activated but it wont connect until I shut down the headset and turn it back on, at least once or twice.

It also occasionally losses connectivity on its own and there seems to be no rhyme or reason why it happens-its completely random.

any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

pgfibro

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I have just purchased a Motorola Moto G (Kitkat 4.4.2) and I am having much the same problems that you describe with bluetooth connectivity. Similar to Nexus owners also. I hope they come up with a fix, as it's unusable as it is. Motorola tried to tell me that it's because the Moto G has Bluetooth 4.0 and the Supertooth HD has version 3.0, but as far as I can determine the two versions have backwards compatibility,

Davethebrewer

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I am seeing this as well. Sprint HTC One with their most recent update to KitKat. I never ran the first version of KitKat, but did both the main Sprint KitKat update and the patch at the same time. Now my phone will not stay connected to Bluetooth in my truck. Been working fine for 9 months with 4.2 and 4.3 and the Car app. I also noticed as has been reported elsewhere that the Car app will not auto launch anymore. Car app also locks you out of getting to the Notification bar which you could do with 4.3
I tried a full restart of my phone with Fastboot off and also tried deleting the pairing from both my phone and truck and repairing with no success. It just constantly connects and disconnects. Really hard to make or receive a call that way. When I am navigating something on the screen (like Ingress) it seems even worse for connect/disconnect.
Update: I have now also tried turning WiFi to 2.4 GHz only and to off per some other posts I have seen. No luck. I have also noticed that it seems to disconnect more often if I bring my hand close to or behind the phone.

Last edited:

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed this problem?

I have to turn my BT headset on and off 2-3 times for it to pair with my HTC one.

Any fixes?

supert1020

May 24, 2011
Visit site
No problems here I have a plantronics voyager pro and a pebble smart watch and a Hyundai sonata. The sonata on a rare occasion has trouble connecting to media but I turn the media off and back on it works after that.

Posted via Android Central App

Davethebrewer

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I should have come back here after I posted the below in another thread. It helped the person there too.
--------------
You could try the app "Bluetooth Phonebook" by android-rsap.com . I was having similar problems with constant Bluetooth disconnects (from my Dodge UConnect system) after I updated my Sprint HTC One to 4.4.2 I tried all of the usual suggestions of re-pairing, deleting all pairings from both phone and vehicle, turning off WiFi, and a factory reset. Only the factory reset made any difference at all in terms of the disconnects, but the system still hung up my vehicle Bluetooth trying to download the phonebook. I had noticed this download hang before I did the factory reset as well.

After trying the test version of the app the download completed without hanging and I was able to voice dial again. I purchased the full app and have not had any problems since then with either disconnects or hangs during download. My theory is that the Bluetooth disconnects I was seeing were related to the phonebook download hangs. I think there is a big bug in the phonebook download stack for Bluetooth in this version of the OS.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../store/apps/d...roid_rsap.irmc&token=G-gs1wyT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34