Flickr for HTC One/Sense will not sign in

245Lansdowne

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
For some reason, "Flickr for HTC Sense" app will not allow me to sign into my Flickr account. Is the app loaded with and outdated URL? Anyone else have this issue? It is preventing me from viewing Flickr photos from Gallery or including Flickr photos on my blink feed. Any suggestions??

Attachments

• 2014-03-16 11.52.30.jpg
    2014-03-16 11.52.30.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 2014-03-16 11.52.36.jpg
    2014-03-16 11.52.36.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 24

245Lansdowne

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
First of all, thanks in advanced for a hasty reply. When I try to add "Services & Apps" within the blink feed settings just below Facebook is Flickr. So I check the box and it tries to load a page. I always get the same "Webpage not available", the same as the screen shot I posted earlier. Also, from gallery I can view any photos I have on Facebook, Dropbox, Drive, etc. Flickr is also an option, however, when I prompted with this "sign in" page (the same as the screen shot earlier) I always end up with the same "webpage not available". Maybe I should backup the phone and give it a full reset. I haven't got a clue how to fix this.

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
In my case, Flickr was selected in Services&Apps. It doesn't load any page.
In Gallery I go to Settings in Albums and I just checked to show Flickr photos and I can see them.
I don't have anything syncing for Flickr (contacts or stream), but I usually see my Flickr contacts' photos from Flickr in Blinkfeed.
So I suppose it works just fine.
Before trying to reset your phone just for Flickr, just try to remove your account and add it again.
Also check out if there are any other options in your Flickr account.
Sorry I can't be of much more help, but it seems to be working for me.

Ah, one more thing. I have the Flickr app installed also. Don't know if that helps.

brekfest

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I just set up my One XL with the Viper 4.2 ROM and am unable to add flickr for HTC sense under accounts. I get the same webpage unavailable screen.

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app

Tor Slettnes

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I've seen this recently after doing a factory reset on my phone - though when I then later restored my old data partition (where Flickr was already authorized), it worked fine.

In other words, the issue has to do with loading the authorization URL. I tried copying & pasting this URL into the standard "Internet" browser -- it turns out the page does exist, however there is a certificate error when attempting to load it. It seems that the CA (Verisign Class 3 Public Primary Certificate Authority - G5) is not recognized by Android out of the box.

I've added this CA to my phone (Using Firefox on my desktop, I exported the certificate to a ".cer" file, copied to my phone, and then installed via Settings -> Security -> Install from phone storage) -- and now all of my phone's browsers (the default "Internet" browser, Chrome and Firefox) all load the URL without any warnings.

The bad news is that this did not seem to make any difference for the original purpose - to authorize "Flickr for HTC Sense". :mad:
Perhaps it's using its own CA store?

Still looking into it...

scottdeto

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Same for me. Flickr is now longer in the list of services under Settings, Accounts & sync on my M7 after upgrading to Sense 6. Flickr is also missing from the Blinkfeed Services.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781