Quick Notification Mute Button

lemonyguac

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm new to Android phones so ... When having text notification sounds, on other phones I know there's a quick button to silence it let's say if it goes off and you're talking to someone. I know from reading so far the only "quick" way to do that is hold down the volume button. Is there literally no other button on the phone that you can just click to silence your notification, while having notifications have a volume. I have a hard time hearing so I tend to leave the notifications/ringtone volume on.

P.S. With a lockscreen.

Thanks

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Simply tapping any hardware button will silence a notification. No need to hold.

Of course with the One and many other phones, you're now down to two hardware buttons (power, volume).

lemonyguac

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Hmm I had pushed the power button. Once. Even twice. Holding, etc. and it doesn't seem to do the trick. The only thing that seems to work is holding the down volume button but that's just to lower the volume. Could it possibly be which version provided by the cellphone company because I have T-Mobile.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hmm I had pushed the power button. Once. Even twice. Holding, etc. and it doesn't seem to do the trick. The only thing that seems to work is holding the down volume button but that's just to lower the volume. Could it possibly be which version provided by the cellphone company because I have T-Mobile.

I'm on Sprint and it works... I wouldn't think it would have to do with the carrier because that's a device function, and I swear every smart phone I've had has worked that way. Perhaps someone else on T-Mobile can comment.

Sorry, but I have no idea what's going on there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome