What texting service to use?

lls5316

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey, so I would like a texting service that gives the ability to show me a preview of the text and be able to customize a vibrate or sound that differs from all other notifications. I tried hangouts and I liked it, but I couldn't customize it, same with the default messaging system, messages, if there is a way to customize those things within those apps, that might help. If not though, what are other texting apps?

--- Right now I use Textra but I haven't been 100% sold.
(and nothing that shows ads please)

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm quite happy with Textra myself. I have tried a few others, but just kept coming back to it. I like the fact that you can customize the LED (where applicable), pop-up, notification sound, bubble colors, etc based on contact. Far superior to the stock messaging app on my Galaxy Nexus, that's for sure.

Search SMS apps on the Play store, and try a bunch out. Most of the ad-supported ones have a paid version to get rid of the ads and/or open up all the features.

morami

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey, so I would like a texting service that gives the ability to show me a preview of the text and be able to customize a vibrate or sound that differs from all other notifications. I tried hangouts and I liked it, but I couldn't customize it, same with the default messaging system, messages, if there is a way to customize those things within those apps, that might help. If not though, what are other texting apps?

Try this https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...inker.android.messaging_donate&token=EtXiWAoE
There is a free more limited version also.

Posted via Android Central App

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Handcent and GO SMS both offer what you're looking for also. On a side note I've been seeing Textra popping up more and more... I may have to try it.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

i am not 100% sold on textra either. but it is the best of all the texting apps i have tried. i use whatsapp for international texting...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech