HTC One (M7): Won't ring in pocket.

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,

i am wondering if someone has the same problem or an solution.

When the proximity sensor is covered it wont ring when someone is calling me.
When it lays to up on a table it will ring (when proximity isnt covered)
I already replaced proximity sensor.

Has someone a solution?

Thanks a lot

Last edited by a moderator:

Martin Malinovski

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
The DIALER is the problem here.
If your phone is rooted and unlocked I can help you to solve your problem.
If not, then google it how to root and unlock phone, when your done mail me and I will show you how to fix this issue.

balansboy

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
The original question is old and you may already know the answer. But, I would change the sound settings and disable the "quiet ring on pickup". I found that as I'm walking with the phone in my pocket, the movement makes the phone thinks it's being picked up and mutes the ringer. I missed quite a few calls with that setting activated.

salle25

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
That didn't help me,tryed every possible setting and sometimes,but sometimes rings...99% only vibrates. Nothing to do with Flip to mute and other settings. Help anyone?

rionjhan

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
That didn't help me,tryed every possible setting and sometimes,but sometimes rings...99% only vibrates. Nothing to do with Flip to mute and other settings. Help anyone?

i beleive it has something to do with the flip to mute. Maybe the g-sensor is not calibrated that is why it reads that your phone is facing down even if it is not.

Try calibrating the g sensor in Settings > Display & gestures > g-sensor calibration.

Make sure to calibrate the phone in flat surface.

salle25

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I did that already,phone is not ringing no matter how it is (upside down,face down....) turned,what matters is that when proximity is covered he makes no sound on incoming call,notifications works normally. Not covered rings normally. Nothing to google about that....

salle25

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
...and another bug.....when trying to hang up call (when proximity turns on the screen) it looks like this but with some red pixelsstatictv.gif
or it freezes on a call screen and i have to reboot....

paul6000217

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I have discovered that if the phone is in my case the proximity sensor will not let it ring, likewise in my pocket. Don't know how to cure it, does anyone know if you can disable the proximity sensor.