Can I get help with my contacts list?

les7699

May 11, 2013
Visit site
For the last few weeks I will save a new contact and then when I go to my contact list, they are not there. But if I hand type their number in the keypad, it will pop up. Why are they not autmatically showing anymore? Then a few days ago, I was messing with the settings to try to fix this and I quadrupled my contacts. Every email address I ever sent to popped into my contacts. How do I get rid of those? TIA

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
For the last few weeks I will save a new contact and then when I go to my contact list, they are not there. But if I hand type their number in the keypad, it will pop up. Why are they not autmatically showing anymore? Then a few days ago, I was messing with the settings to try to fix this and I quadrupled my contacts. Every email address I ever sent to popped into my contacts. How do I get rid of those? TIA
Open the contacts (or people) app and press menu. There should be an option to display which contacts you want shown.

Also, go into system settings > accounts > google and check that you have the contacts sync'd. If there any other accounts aside from your google account logged sync'd make sure you remove or edit those accordingly. Hopefully this helps.

les7699

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Open the contacts (or people) app and press menu. There should be an option to display which contacts you want shown.

That's how I ended up with all of them to begin with

Also, go into system settings > accounts > google and check that you have the contacts sync'd. If there any other accounts aside from your google account logged sync'd make sure you remove or edit those accordingly. Hopefully this helps.
I only have my google synched.

I guess I have to go in and individually delete them :(

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
You do not. Do as the first response stated. People then menu and check off what contacts you want visible.

Posted via Android Central App

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
If that doesn't fully remove the contacts that you do not want to see you can log into your Google account on a PC or Mac and edit them in batch form from your contacts list. Open a browser type "Google contacts", you will be prompted to enter your Google log in information, and then taken to your contacts. When your done be sure to sync to your device, and you'll be good to go.

supert1020

May 24, 2011
Visit site
In the upper left you can choose which phone book is visible (phone,sim,google,facebook) and make sure your saving our contacts to Google and not the phone or sim when you add a contact

Last edited:

les7699

May 11, 2013
Visit site
You do not. Do as the first response stated. People then menu and check off what contacts you want visible.

I don't have an option that says make certain ones visible. When I played with the menu buttons, that's how I ended up with all of them showing in the first place

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Tap the people app. On the top left it will say phonebook. Tap that. A list of available contact sources will open. I find Google to be the most convenient so I use only that one. There are other choices like phone. If you choose more than one you will get duplicates.

les7699

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Tap the people app. On the top left it will say phonebook. Tap that. A list of available contact sources will open. I find Google to be the most convenient so I use only that one. There are other choices like phone. If you choose more than one you will get duplicates.

Google is the only one I use as well yet any added contacts the last few weeks do not show :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax