ATT M7 and ATT won't unlock my phone, who can do it I will pay you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackcookie

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I am traveling to Thailand in June, I need this bad boy unlocked soon, can anyone point me in the right direction? Also, I have Windows 8 so if you are going to point me to some software to use that might help too right?

ATT denied me TWICE!!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The last I knew, it is illegal to unlock the device without carrier consent.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

crackcookie

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Did you meet all the criteria for unlock? If so then they should unlock it for you

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...viceunlock%2Fclient%2Fen_US%2F&token=vPlpDRE0

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Yeah I saw that and I don't think the phone is paid off in full, I got it last year, the M7, so I think I still have a year left on my contract, but either way I am going overseas and I am not going to pay ATT's fees to use my phone overseas. I don't care if it is illegal, wtf can they do to me? Besides, what type of law is that...just some BS, they probably paid off someone in the government to make that law.

Imagine if you buy a car and they say you are not allowed to do what you want with it until it is paid off....

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, they can terminate account for breach of contract. You are right, it is a bogus law, and is theoretically getting modified.

Your car example would be like a lease. You put too many miles on it in the lease period, and you pay an arm and a leg for the mileage.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I saw that and I don't think the phone is paid off in full, I got it last year, the M7, so I think I still have a year left on my contract, but either way I am going overseas and I am not going to pay ATT's fees to use my phone overseas. I don't care if it is illegal, wtf can they do to me? Besides, what type of law is that...just some BS, they probably paid off someone in the government to make that law.

Imagine if you buy a car and they say you are not allowed to do what you want with it until it is paid off....

The penalties are as follows :

" The penalties for unlocking a subsidized wireless phone without carrier consent can be severe. Civil penaltiesare based on the carrier?s actual damages and any additional profits of the violator, or a court can award statutory damages of not less than $200 or more than $2,500 per individual act. Criminal penalties are even more severe: any person convicted of violating section 1201 willfully and for purposes of commercial advantage or private financial gain (1) shall be fined not more than $500,000 or imprisoned for not more than 5 years, or both, for the first offense; and (2) shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned for not more than 10 years, or both, for any subsequent offense."
http://blog.ctia.org/2013/01/26/unlocked-devices/

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
With that said, illegal activities are not to be discussed on Android Central. Please refer to the community guidelines in my signature. Therefore this thread is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173