Phone/Contacts App

arukaen

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I am having a problem here and was hoping I can get some help from the community. In the phone/contacts app I am seeing my Google contacts. Even though while in "People," I have selected to only show my phone contacts and in the accounts & sync settings I have told my Gmail accounts not to sync contacts. How can I remove these gmail contacts.

For example in my phone/sim contacts I have an entry for my office. When I dial the number it says there are 20 matches because it is showing all my coworkers.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
OK, is this correct? In the People app you are seeing more contacts than you have selected to see? If this is correct, it's possible that at some point your contacts were backed up incorrectly, or you've linked the contacts. For example if you have a personal phone/SIM contact for A and you also have a Facebook contact and a Google contact for A and you've linked them, then go in and turn off viewing for your Google and Facebook contacts they will remain visible and the information that is linked to that account is still actively shown in your People app.

As for the dialing I don't see any way besides deleting a contact, from all source lists, that will prevent it from auto finishing a number or auto suggesting a person. Once you have a contact in any of your lists that are synced to your device they will appear. Turning them off in the People app only prevents them from being displayed. The phone still sees them as a contact and will suggest them when dialing is started.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay