Sense 6 impressions

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
The update for Sense 6 is out in Canada. Does anyone have it yet? What are your impressions?

Posted via Android Central App

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Overall I like it. Question though. On Wind the weather widget is still at the top of BlinkFeed but it isn't there on Telia. Is there anyway to get that back?

anon(765042)

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
i tried the insertkoin rom with sense 6 a while back and found on first boot that blinkfeed didn't have the weather widget. found out that it's because one of the other pages was set as the default home screen. try making blinkfeed the default home page and see if that sorts it.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Perfect. That worked. Thanks.

Another question. Is anyone finding their battery life has improved since the update. Blinkfeed is a bigger battery drain I find. I had to disable all the social network integration in blinkfeed which helped. Mind you, I can't disable Facebook BlinkFeed which is annoying since I can disable the other ones. I was hoping since they streamlined six it would be less of a resource hog.

Chandler7

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Just finished updating.... I like the update so far. No issues as yet. One positive i noticed and appreciate, was the 'no lockscreen' option has been returned!!..... Only concern is how the update will affect battery life, but only time will tell

Traveler62

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Got the update M7 on Tmobile. Everything is fine except my Security lock screen was enabled even with Lock Screen After-Never. Had to go to the top selection under Security and change Screen Lock to Never. Just seems like the options changed on the update and now everything is good.

jlarkins08

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Love the update to sense.. running perfect on my M7 and love the colored themes.. That extra pop of color is welcomed in my book!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
my first impression i am dissapointed with the update.

i was hoping the unlock direction could be configured to open specific apps or perform certain tasks depending on the direction of the swipe. as it turns out, you cannot configure it. using nova (and i suspect any launcher other than sense), the padlock performs the same action (just unlock the phone) regardless of the direction i slide my finger.

i also thought i could customise the theme colour. it turns out, we get only 3 ugly pre-made inflexible themes to choose from (purple, orange, dark green) and it seems i cannot get rid of the horrid green switcher colour unless i change the entire theme to something else and get instead a dreadful electric orange or purple instead. i just wanted the old light blue theme colour back and, sense 6, for whatever reason, won't let me choose a colour of my liking.

lock screen widgets now display an awkward grey frame when switched to and from - wtf.

also, before it was possible to scroll up a notification on the lock screen to open the notification's app directly. havent figured out how to do this with sense 6..

positives include the ability to unlock by sliding anywhere on the screen and the improvement on some apps - notably the camera.

Attachments

• 2014-05-17 17.48.13.jpg
    2014-05-17 17.48.13.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 201
  • 2014-05-17 18.24.56.jpg
    2014-05-17 18.24.56.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

supert1020

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I haven't figured out how to change the resolution in picture in the new camera app. I found the setting for movie mode but not picture mode. Help please

Last edited:

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely love the update! I'm on T-Mobile and got it last night. I think its about time they brought themes back I used to like that on my old evo 3d.

Also camera app is amazing wow, the new skin/layout is so easy to use. I hated the app before because I thought menu was congested.

Also not sure I'd this was there before but now I can take pictures using volume button.

Overall I am really enjoying this update. Was considering selling phone for the rumored galaxy s5 prime but now I'm pretty happy and maybe I'll hang on to it till black Friday sales lol

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Couple screenshots of camera app. Also like how you can swipe left and right to switch from front and rear camera. Super easy and quick.

Attachments

• 7168.jpg
    7168.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 7171.jpg
    7171.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 164

supert1020

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I can't find where you can change the cameras resolution at could you take a pic and post it on here

supert1020

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Ya I didn't think so. I just called T-Mobile they said changing the resolution in video will also change the camera resolution but I don't think that's right. I think its a bug that that option is missing from the camera app. Is there anyone out there that has the option to change the resolution in the camera app?

Chandler7

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Another positive to sense 6 - before while in landscape mode and writing a text msg, the icon to send wouldnt be available. i'd have to turn the phone back to portrait mode in order to see the 'send' button. they've finally corrected this..... no i can't find an option to change camera resolution

Stevemud

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I just updated my M7 to Sense 6.0 but I have lost a row of icons. I used to have 5 rows but now I have 4. Does anyone know how to change this?