08-14-2014 09:05 AM
91 1234
tools
    I really like it. New colors, better Blinkfeed.
    I like the new fonts but Helvetica is very small and although I'd like to use it I feel like I'm 80 years old and can't see well.
    The only problem is this:

i was hoping the unlock direction could be configured to open specific apps or perform certain tasks depending on the direction of the swipe. as it turns out, you cannot configure it. using nova (and i suspect any launcher other than sense), the padlock performs the same action (just unlock the phone) regardless of the direction i slide my finger.
    I'm using Nova along with Blinkfeed (because I prefer the ability to customize some gestures) and unfortunately I cannot use the lockscreen gestures from Sense. Every direction does the same. I don't suppose this can be fixed, but if anyone has an idea please do tell.

Moreover, is there any way to use the HTC Sense weather/clock widget with Nova?
    05-20-2014 01:25 PM
    From experience only way to get rid of purple hue is send it in and have them replace camera module. They did on mine and now it works great. Mine looked like purple ooze on night shots. Its free if its under factory 1 year warranty.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-20-2014 03:33 PM
    I really like the new update. Its snappier and the battery life+signal strength has improved.

|| Device: AT&T HTC One M7UL - Vivid Blue || Rom: Sky Dragon M7 Dev. Edition V.2 - Sense 6 || Firmware: Darkboot_5.11.1540.9 || Hboot: 1.54 || S-off || SuperCID || Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.3 || Radio: 4T.27.3218.14_10.33C.1718.01L || Kernel: Elemental X 14.8 || Mods: Dark One Mini, Gravity Box KK, Sense Tool 6 Box 1.2 ||
    Attached Thumbnails Sense 6 impressions-bootloader.jpg   Sense 6 impressions-screenshot_2014-05-20-22-32-19.jpg   Sense 6 impressions-screenshot_2014-05-20-22-56-04.jpg   Sense 6 impressions-screenshot_2014-05-20-22-01-05.jpg   Sense 6 impressions-screenshot_2014-05-20-22-01-13.jpg  

05-21-2014 02:13 AM
    I HATE the fact that all of my ringtones and notifications have been ERASED and replaced with stupid sounding DING, DONG, CHIME type sounds now..

Bug 1: Plus Seems there is a bug because I cannot send Pictures thru SMC when in WIFI, Only DATA otherwise it says General Network error.. but the moment I move to Data, it works instantly.

Bug 2: Seems that the Screen Captures don't show in with the gallery even tho the Screen captures album IS selected. If fact I cannot figure out how to view the screen captures I did before the upgrade.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    05-21-2014 02:29 AM
    Just updated my M7 today and here are some of the features i noticed:
    PROS:
    1.Can now take pictures via Volume rocker buttons
    2. Two new fonts plus options to download more

CONS:
    1. NO knock on or Knock off feature
    2. No PAN 360 mode in camera
    3. ISO max 100 is no longer available. Minimum is 200
    05-21-2014 05:13 PM
    I HATE the fact that all of my ringtones and notifications have been ERASED and replaced with stupid sounding DING, DONG, CHIME type sounds now..
    This one really irked me too. If anyone wants the original audio files (ringtones/notifications) from Sense 5, you can download them here: M5 Audio Files
    DWS44, Davethebrewer and ram1220 like this.
    05-29-2014 10:28 AM
    Just wanted to say that there is a kind of knock feature. Not the greatest but still it exists.
    When you turn on the phone and the lockscreen appears you can turn off the screen by double tapping.
    This happens only if you don't unlock and only to turn it off.
    It's useful for example if you want to check your notifications or the time etc without having to press the button again.
    gankstar5 and blg923 like this.
    05-29-2014 11:41 AM
    Doesn't work on mine...
    05-29-2014 11:46 AM
    Pro: NFC quick toggle.

Con: The themes don't carry over into the stock messaging app. I use the blue messaging theme and now my suggestions are green.

05-29-2014 11:52 AM
    Really? I have the International Unlocked version and it is there.
    I found it out by accident.
    Only if you don't unlock though.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    05-29-2014 11:57 AM
    Pro:

* HTC backup finally works correctly and uploads to Google drive.

* HTC Guide application is very intuitive and useful.

* The volume button can be used to zoom while using the camera.

* Apps can be placed on the desktop straight from the app drawer

* Finally able to redeem my 40GB Google drive storage.

Cons:

* They stole the weather live wallpaper.

* Still no dual recording with the front and rear cameras.

* New filter styles for editing photos aren't to my liking.

HelloNNNewman and patchs like this.
    05-29-2014 12:18 PM
    Really? I have the International Unlocked version and it is there.
    I found it out by accident.
    Only if you don't unlock though.
    Hmm.. yeah, I've got the T-Mobile version and it isn't working for me. Perhaps carrier option?
    05-29-2014 12:23 PM
    I can print! Yea!!!

I'm loving 6. I like the theme colors. I like the transparency on the bottom, and the phone app is much better with the larger buttons.

Just got it this morning, so there is still more to explore. Fyi, never was a BlinkFeed guy, so any improvements made will go unnoticed.

05-29-2014 12:34 PM
    Pros:
    Snappier
    Better app drawer layout
    Transparent launcher bar

Cons:
    Black color scheme still highlights green
    Recent apps were larger in the last update and are now small again
    Default clock widget is white
    Grayed out text is messaging app is hard to read
    Text all around is not as dense

Overall, I'm not liking the update. I still miss the green battery icon from way back when too...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    05-29-2014 01:01 PM
    Like the changes . Super excited about being able to change the fonts. Can anyone recommend a good font package

05-29-2014 01:12 PM
    Overall, I like it but I miss the HTC live weather wallpaper which is what I was using til today.
    And how can you choose a different theme color than orange, green or purple?
    If you look at the themes, you see different shades at the top of the wallpaper, I'd like blue, not purple.
    Plus it changes the wallpaper.
    Habiib likes this.
    05-29-2014 01:34 PM
    I've noticed that my signal strength bars have changed dramatically, going way down.

With Sense 6, are the bars indicating data or voice signal strength?

Either way, wow, I've gone from full bars in my office to only one bar.
    junior38 and decypher44 like this.
    05-29-2014 01:43 PM
    Like the changes . Super excited about being able to change the fonts. Can anyone recommend a good font package

I have the same question.
    I really love the Helvetica font but it is too small and thin so I don't use it.
    Any suggestions?
    junior38 likes this.
    05-29-2014 02:35 PM
    Love the Helvetica as well, but it is awfully thin. If it were a little bit thicker (bolder?) I think it would be perfect. For some reason though, it reminds me a lot of the font that iOS uses... perhaps it's the same font?
    05-29-2014 05:48 PM
    About the lock screen. On mine swiping to the right brings me to BlinkFeed. Swiping to the left brings me to my home screen. Swiping up brings me to what I was doing when the phone locked.

05-30-2014 08:21 AM
    my first impression i am dissapointed with the update.

i was hoping the unlock direction could be configured to open specific apps or perform certain tasks depending on the direction of the swipe. as it turns out, you cannot configure it. using nova (and i suspect any launcher other than sense), the padlock performs the same action (just unlock the phone) regardless of the direction i slide my finger.

i also thought i could customise the theme colour. it turns out, we get only 3 ugly pre-made inflexible themes to choose from (purple, orange, dark green) and it seems i cannot get rid of the horrid green switcher colour unless i change the entire theme to something else and get instead a dreadful electric orange or purple instead. i just wanted the old light blue theme colour back and, sense 6, for whatever reason, won't let me choose a colour of my liking.

lock screen widgets now display an awkward grey frame when switched to and from - wtf.

also, before it was possible to scroll up a notification on the lock screen to open the notification's app directly. havent figured out how to do this with sense 6..

positives include the ability to unlock by sliding anywhere on the screen and the improvement on some apps - notably the camera.
    Install WidgetLocker if you want that functionality

05-30-2014 10:22 AM
    I like it so much, I reactivated my One, and deactivated my new S5!

bruteforce037, petaf and jeverts like this.
    05-30-2014 01:24 PM

also, before it was possible to scroll up a notification on the lock screen to open the notification's app directly. havent figured out how to do this with sense 6..
    This. This drives me nuts. I can't figure out why they removed this feature, and I'd rather not have to install a separate app to get it back. Bummer.
    05-30-2014 11:46 PM
    This. This drives me nuts. I can't figure out why they removed this feature, and I'd rather not have to install a separate app to get it back. Bummer.
    If I understand what you are asking, I had the same problem.
    I think I found out.
    When you turn it on and the notifications appear on the lockscreen (I'm talking about lockscreen notifications like mails, missed calls, SMS) you then swipe a bit down and it's like a separate board appears. It's even shaped like a rectangular. Then you tap the notification and the app opens.
    Again, I'm not sure if you are asking the same thing.

Also, anyone did this with the double tap? I can't be the only one having an US unlocked version and I can turn off the screen.
    05-31-2014 05:02 AM
    All sounds great! However att has yet to see it. But I will stick with Nova Launcher.
    05-31-2014 07:29 AM
91 1234