Sense 6 impressions

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm not seeing any difference battery wise.

One thing strange though I wasn't able to play YouTube videos or listen to Pandora it was automatically skipping every song tried to clear cache on both but I did a reset and it seems to work now.

Posted via Android Central App

mkgino

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else annoyed with the new camera app in sense 6? I mean in particular with the video recording. Before sense 6 to record a video you could just hit the vid cam icon on the main shooting screen. Now you have to go to the menu select video then hit the record button. It adds extra steps. Second when using the flash, it turns on before you actually record. Then when you are done recording you have to deselect the flash or else it stays on.

So now just to take a video with the flash on I have to do the following

1. Go from camera screen to mode menu
2. Select video
3. Hit flash button (flash physically turns on before recording video)
4. Hit record video button
5. Hit record to finish but flash is still on WTF!
6. Turn flash off again

The only camera you can video record directly from now is the front facing camera during a selfie. This is how the main camera screen should have been.

Last edited:

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I really like it. New colors, better Blinkfeed.
I like the new fonts but Helvetica is very small and although I'd like to use it I feel like I'm 80 years old and can't see well.
The only problem is this:

i was hoping the unlock direction could be configured to open specific apps or perform certain tasks depending on the direction of the swipe. as it turns out, you cannot configure it. using nova (and i suspect any launcher other than sense), the padlock performs the same action (just unlock the phone) regardless of the direction i slide my finger.

I'm using Nova along with Blinkfeed (because I prefer the ability to customize some gestures) and unfortunately I cannot use the lockscreen gestures from Sense. Every direction does the same. I don't suppose this can be fixed, but if anyone has an idea please do tell.

Moreover, is there any way to use the HTC Sense weather/clock widget with Nova?

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
From experience only way to get rid of purple hue is send it in and have them replace camera module. They did on mine and now it works great. Mine looked like purple ooze on night shots. Its free if its under factory 1 year warranty.

DeathAngel74

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I really like the new update. Its snappier and the battery life+signal strength has improved.

|| Device: AT&T HTC One M7UL - Vivid Blue || Rom: Sky Dragon M7 Dev. Edition V.2 - Sense 6 || Firmware: Darkboot_5.11.1540.9 || Hboot: 1.54 || S-off || SuperCID || Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.3 || Radio: 4T.27.3218.14_10.33C.1718.01L || Kernel: Elemental X 14.8 || Mods: Dark One Mini, Gravity Box KK, Sense Tool 6 Box 1.2 ||

Attachments

• bootloader.jpg
    bootloader.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot_2014-05-20-22-32-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-20-22-32-19.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot_2014-05-20-22-56-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-20-22-56-04.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot_2014-05-20-22-01-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-20-22-01-05.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot_2014-05-20-22-01-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-20-22-01-13.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 111

Paul Lodge

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I HATE the fact that all of my ringtones and notifications have been ERASED and replaced with stupid sounding DING, DONG, CHIME type sounds now..

Bug 1: Plus Seems there is a bug because I cannot send Pictures thru SMC when in WIFI, Only DATA otherwise it says General Network error.. but the moment I move to Data, it works instantly.

Bug 2: Seems that the Screen Captures don't show in with the gallery even tho the Screen captures album IS selected. If fact I cannot figure out how to view the screen captures I did before the upgrade.

engineeryajeeb

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Just updated my M7 today and here are some of the features i noticed:
PROS:
1.Can now take pictures via Volume rocker buttons
2. Two new fonts plus options to download more

CONS:
1. NO knock on or Knock off feature
2. No PAN 360 mode in camera
3. ISO max 100 is no longer available. Minimum is 200

Last edited:

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to say that there is a kind of knock feature. Not the greatest but still it exists.
When you turn on the phone and the lockscreen appears you can turn off the screen by double tapping.
This happens only if you don't unlock and only to turn it off.
It's useful for example if you want to check your notifications or the time etc without having to press the button again.

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Pro: NFC quick toggle.

Con: The themes don't carry over into the stock messaging app. I use the blue messaging theme and now my suggestions are green.

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Really? I have the International Unlocked version and it is there.
I found it out by accident.
Only if you don't unlock though.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Pro:

* HTC backup finally works correctly and uploads to Google drive.

* HTC Guide application is very intuitive and useful.

* The volume button can be used to zoom while using the camera.

* Apps can be placed on the desktop straight from the app drawer

* Finally able to redeem my 40GB Google drive storage.

Cons:

* They stole the weather live wallpaper.

* Still no dual recording with the front and rear cameras.

* New filter styles for editing photos aren't to my liking.

decypher44

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I can print! Yea!!!

I'm loving 6. I like the theme colors. I like the transparency on the bottom, and the phone app is much better with the larger buttons.

Just got it this morning, so there is still more to explore. Fyi, never was a BlinkFeed guy, so any improvements made will go unnoticed.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Pros:
Snappier
Better app drawer layout
Transparent launcher bar

Cons:
Black color scheme still highlights green
Recent apps were larger in the last update and are now small again
Default clock widget is white
Grayed out text is messaging app is hard to read
Text all around is not as dense

Overall, I'm not liking the update. I still miss the green battery icon from way back when too...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

junior38

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Like the changes . Super excited about being able to change the fonts. Can anyone recommend a good font package

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance