Sense 6 impressions

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine has always done this.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Interesting. Maybe I had a bug - but I really liked that bug. Now it is always a two step process - plug it in, then turn off the screen...Maybe there is an app for that?

jeverts

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine did/didn't do the same thing. Prior to 4.4 the screen came in with plug in, plug out, after 4.4 it didn't which I liked, now after Sence 6 it comes on again. Crazy

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
There is another strange thing I noticed. When I am swiping between screens now, I am constantly launching apps unintentionally. I don't remember that being the case before S6.

SwindleHeart

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Love the update to sense.. running perfect on my M7 and love the colored themes.. That extra pop of color is welcomed in my book!

What's the colored themes everyone's talking about? Do u guys mean like how the*music app is now red, contacts and messages are blue etc.?

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Sure would be nice if the gray theme didn't still include the hideous green...why can it not be gray, white or even the holo blue? Also, the grayed out text on the messaging app really annoys me.

Jimmy Walker

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
My battery life has decreased tremendously after the sense 6 update!! I use to be able to go all day and then some. Now I gotta charge my phone 2 to 3 times.

Posted via Android Central App

gankstar5

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Just got the update in Australia. After using my phone for over an hour, I can safely say that it's very snappy, camera interface is great and the ability to choose fonts is a welcome change.

Can't say much about battery life as I haven't fully charged charged and used it yet.

Has anyone used the extreme battery saving mode yet? And what does HTC mini + do?

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Extreme battery saving mode is very good when you are around 10% for example. It disables most of the things. You get a simple menu with calls, SMS etc. The phone becomes less of a smartphone of course but it doesnt go off on you.

The HTC+ mini is an accessory which honestly I can't remember what it is. I think something like a remote control, not sure though.

garethrdwilliams

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
All good here but I'm a little unhappy about not having the double tap to wake the screen and I was hoping the menu wouldn't be a black background as it was in 5.5 but translucent to match the theme

Posted via Android Central App on HTC One

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
The HTC+ mini is an accessory which honestly I can't remember what it is. I think something like a remote control, not sure though.

HTC+ mini was or is a small handset that you could use to make calls without having to take your phone out. I think it connected to your phone via bluetooth.

Donald Soto

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure but it seems like after I got my update to Sense 6, Google All Access started acting funny. Right now the only way to download or pin music is to uncheck the "download via wi-fi only" option. This is regardless if there is wi-fi available or not. It is scary to keep it unchecked because Google likes to update the pinned radio stations at random times. Anyone else experience this?

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
that extreme battery saving is pretty useless for any regular use...
i think it's just a way for HTC to save some of the extra battery drainage of the upgrade :(

ivanhtcm7

May 21, 2014
Visit site
i read from another forum that green notification led isnt workin since the update, not even setting up. can some one confirm that.

garethrdwilliams

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Nowt wrong with my notification light and now when on charge I get a constant green light for fully charged rather than a constant red light

Posted via Android Central App on HTC One

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781