Power Button Concern on HTC One M7

parkerd97

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
My phones power button is almost flush and I'm worried about it not working in the future. I got it last July and it protruded quite nicely. (Compared to others) Screen broke sent back to HTC and the home button has been sketchy ever since. It works, but does anyone have any ideas as how to to maybe fix it? I'm with AT&T could they possible do anything? Thanks in advance!

Posted via Android Central App

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" as the saying goes.
You could minimize the use of the power button by setting the screen-on time to a minimum. Then don't use the power button to turn it off; just let it time out.
Or you could use an app like Shake Screen On Off
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=shake.screen.on.off&hl=en&token=MO2Z_Bww
EDIT: Tried Shake Screen On Off, too much effort to turn screen on.

Last edited:

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
If it's working I wouldn't worry a whole lot about it being flush. Mine is actually pretty flush as well, had to look after reading your post to see that but... Anyway, without opening the phone and voiding your warranty there isn't anyway to fix it externally. If it's really bothering you I'd say go to any of the provider stores and check theirs out as a comparison, just because I'm pretty sure flush isn't a problem. I'd be more worried if it was unusually sticky, didn't feel like it was springing back, or made an odd click or other sound when pressed.

On a side note when I got my One I was constantly hitting the power button by accident because it was so sensitive. That is until I got my case.

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
My N7's power button is flush but has never been a problem. There are a few apps (Auto Screen On, for instance) that allow screen to activate by tapping, bypassing the power button. I found it to be a bit of a battery hog, but works great.

snocone

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
i use GRavity Screen on the play store

installed it and now i dont need to use power button to put it to sleep or to wake

works great for my HTC one 7
EDIT to add that i set mine to go to sleep when i put it down and wakes when i pick it up

also doesnt drain my battery at all

parkerd97

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your input. I downloaded Gravity Screen today and I've yet to hit my power button at all. Also haven't noticed any battery drain. Thanks again!

snocone

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your input. I downloaded Gravity Screen today and I've yet to hit my power button at all. Also haven't noticed any battery drain. Thanks again!

here is a tip..
when the phone is in sleep mode after an extended period, to wake it just place it face down then lift up to wake it