Mic Not Working

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
For some reason the mic is messed up. It's not like it doesn't pick any noise, it's that it sounds like my phone is in a blender. I called my friend when he was next to me so I could see why everyone was complaining about my phone call quality, and I couldn't make out anything I said. I thought I would get it fixed at a local shop for $50, but when I listened to a recording I made earlier (while the mic wasn't working) on my ear buds, I noticed on the right ear bud I could hear everything pitch perfect. The left ear bud sounded horrible, but the right one sounded like there wasn't any problem with the mic. Is there a reason for this and a simple solution? Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
For some reason the mic is messed up. It's not like it doesn't pick any noise, it's that it sounds like my phone is in a blender. I called my friend when he was next to me so I could see why everyone was complaining about my phone call quality, and I couldn't make out anything I said. I thought I would get it fixed at a local shop for $50, but when I listened to a recording I made earlier (while the mic wasn't working) on my ear buds, I noticed on the right ear bud I could hear everything pitch perfect. The left ear bud sounded horrible, but the right one sounded like there wasn't any problem with the mic. Is there a reason for this and a simple solution? Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

Mic, I didn't get that because you have confused me too much over the mic are you experiencing the problem with the handsfree mic or the device mic? I couldn't decide how to help you until I got to know exactly which mic you are talking about ?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
There are two mics on this device one on the bottom and one on the back. Chances are, and this is what it sounds like, one of those mics is bad, or possibly plugged with something preventing good sound quality. It should be easy enough to check. Use the voice recorder to record something as you did before this time speak into the bottom of the phone and then into the back. Listen to the recording and you will see which mic is acting up. Then you can decide on a course of action. The hole on the bottom is rather small and if I'm not mistaken is the sole mic active when talking traditionally on the phone. When using speaker phone I believe both mics are active, the same as when ever sound is recorded, i.e. voice recordings, videos, and like that. What I believe you will find is that the bottom mic is your problem. You could get lucky and it's just plugged, if not and it's truly bad, try making a speakerphone call, and talk more into the back of the phone. It's not a fix but it could get you through until you have other options. If you think the hole is plugged and not that the mic is bad you could try poking it with a pin to open it up but that will be pushing whatever deeper into your device, and then again it may work. Take it to a Corp. store and have their techs look at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair