How do I flash twrp.img to my phone????

TacoGobbler

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
long story short. I have an HTC one, it is currently unable to move past the initial logo upon booting.
trying to flash new rom.. i guess.. Finally got fastboot and abd to install properly but now I am getting this error:
C:\Users\Gateway>fastboot devices
FA425W909681 fastboot

C:\Users\Gateway>fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
error: cannot open 'twrp.img'

After several attempts at doing this from numerous online resources I AM FRUSTRATED. Can someone who has actually made this work respond. I will take instructions for MAC or PC, please.

rooted, tmobile, htc one.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
long story short. I have an HTC one, it is currently unable to move past the initial logo upon booting.
trying to flash new rom.. i guess.. Finally got fastboot and abd to install properly but now I am getting this error:
FA425W909681 fastboot

After several attempts at doing this from numerous online resources I AM FRUSTRATED. Can someone who has actually made this work respond. I will take instructions for MAC or PC, please.

Hello.

Is the twrp.img located in the same folder as the fastboot files?

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Mate, can you please remove the TWRP .img you have and redownload one from TWRP's website? Here's a link to their latest version to make it easier: Techerrata Downloads - Downloading openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.1-m7.img

After doing so, place the recovery inside your fastboot folder and rename it to recovery.img, open a command prompt window from inside that folder by holding SHIFT and clicking the right mouse button and choosing "Open command prompt window here" then

Code:
fastboot devices

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

And after it hopefully says successful wipe your cache

Code:
fastboot erase cache

And you're good to go!

EDIT: I'd actually try wiping your cache BEFORE and after the process.

TacoGobbler

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Mate, can you please remove the TWRP .img you have and redownload one from TWRP's website? Here's a link to their latest version to make it easier: Techerrata Downloads - Downloading openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.1-m7.img

After doing so, place the recovery inside your fastboot folder and rename it to recovery.img, open a command prompt window from inside that folder by holding SHIFT and clicking the right mouse button and choosing "Open command prompt window here" then

Code:
fastboot devices

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

And after it hopefully says successful wipe your cache

Code:
fastboot erase cache

And you're good to go!

EDIT: I'd actually try wiping your cache BEFORE and after the process.

DAMN that worked. you are the truth for real.. but if you can, please... now, inside the Team Win app i swiping to sideload and its stuck 'starting ADB sideload feature...' when i enter 'adb devices' in cmd it dosent list the serial number, just a blank spot. what now...thanks bruh.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
You're most welcome man! Well, that means there's an issue with the HTC drivers installed on your computer (or maybe they aren't even installed), so download and install the latest HTC Sync (Google it), then restart your computer and repeat the process.

TacoGobbler

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
You're most welcome man! Well, that means there's an issue with the HTC drivers installed on your computer (or maybe they aren't even installed), so download and install the latest HTC Sync (Google it), then restart your computer and repeat the process.

Could this 'adb-setup-1.3.exe' that i installed the adb w be the reason why my device is not showing up in the cmd? i did as you prescribed above but still it resists....why... i reinstalled sync and all that.. the driver successfully installed......i dont know.

Ivan Bulaja

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
FA425W909681 fastboot

Had the same problem. File was in the same folder but did not work until I copied full path of the img file instead of just writing the file name

pcshedge

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Had the same problem. File was in the same folder but did not work until I copied full path of the img file instead of just writing the file name
OMG thank you. After an whole hour finally got the solution.
For those whose didn't get it just copy the file path by clicking shift and right click on the file and select copy file path and then paste it after recovery in the code.
Thanks man!

pcshedge

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
For those whose didn't get it just copy the file path by clicking shift and right click on the file and select copy file path and then paste it after recovery in the code.

vishalparkar

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
DAMN that worked. you are the truth for real.. but if you can, please... now, inside the Team Win app i swiping to sideload and its stuck 'starting ADB sideload feature...' when i enter 'adb devices' in cmd it dosent list the serial number, just a blank spot. what now...thanks bruh.

I cant not flash system.img to my softbricked Yu Yuphoria 5110 even with the latest version of adb and fastboot and even with the -S option! Nothing works! Can't flash only system.img, other images are getting flashed. Pl help!

vishalparkar

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
I´m getting
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
error: cannot load 'recovery.img': No error

Really frustrating now!

Did you get the final solution?

I cant not flash system.img to my softbricked Yu Yuphoria 5110 even with the latest version of adb and fastboot and even with the -S option! Nothing works! Can't flash only system.img, other images are getting flashed. Pl help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood