Purple camera tint.

justinlee

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so camera always worked perfectly. Yesterday received KitKat update 4.4.2 and now in low light conditions my camera has a purple hue.

This is not a hardware issue. It is clearly a software issue and the 4.4.2 KitKat update appears to be garbage. My girlfriend has the exact same issue since updating to 4.4.2.

Any ideas on a fix?

Mike Hawks1

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
We see this a lot at our shop and there is a thread here addressing the issue. I can't post links yet but "htc one purple camera" on google will take you to it.

Last edited:

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Sent my low light purple picture taking HTC One (M7) in (after calling CS and getting a shipping label) and they replaced the phone with another in pristine condition. Three days before the end of the 1 year warranty.

justinlee

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Sent my low light purple picture taking HTC One (M7) in (after calling CS and getting a shipping label) and they replaced the phone with another in pristine condition. Three days before the end of the 1 year warranty.

What country are you in? Called HTC earlier and was told all European HTCs come with a two year warranty.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Okay, so camera always worked perfectly. Yesterday received KitKat update 4.4.2 and now in low light conditions my camera has a purple hue.

This is not a hardware issue. It is clearly a software issue and the 4.4.2 KitKat update appears to be garbage. My girlfriend has the exact same issue since updating to 4.4.2.

Any ideas on a fix?

Well it is a hardware failure. sometimes it can get fixed with software but thats rare.
anyway id say try to google it.

justinlee

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Well it is a hardware failure. sometimes it can get fixed with software but thats rare.
anyway id say try to google it.

I spoke to HTC and was told that it is a known problem with the camera in the HTC One m7, and the KitKat update shows the fault, which the ICS software version did not. So, yeah it is a problem with the cameras in the HTC One m7s.

To be honest mine doesn't suffer from the purple hue that badly and its only seen in low light conditions. I have seen much worse. I can live with the camera how it is.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I spoke to HTC and was told that it is a known problem with the camera in the HTC One m7, and the KitKat update shows the fault, which the ICS software version did not. So, yeah it is a problem with the cameras in the HTC One m7s.

To be honest mine doesn't suffer from the purple hue that badly and its only seen in low light conditions. I have seen much worse. I can live with the camera how it is.

Oh ok :D didn know that :D

pandagiraffe

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Well in fact you were right. It is a hardware problem, but it only shows up due to the KitKat update.

I found this out after my original post.

You might wanna send it in to get repaired anyway. It's not that bad YET on yours. It could get worse/become unusable after your chance to get it fixed!

HTC m7 s-off, unlocked, rooted.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49