Unable to charge my phone?

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I periodically get the following message:

"Unable to charge your phone because it is using too much power. To fix this problem, reduce power consumption by turning off your phone, closing any apps you arent using or turning the screen off"

Of course I have done this along with resetting the phone and flashing the battery.

Any idea whats causing this?

Dogs OfWar

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Electrically speaking your power draw is greater than your charge rate so in effect you're still draining the batter even though you've plugged in.

You are either using too much power (something would have to be terribly wrong) or your charger isn't supplying enough juice. On the off chance that your phone is really burning up the battery close all recently run apps and try going into airplane mode. The screen should be off to minimize power usage.

The factory supplied charger should be used if possible. If you're plugging into a laptop then those USB ports don't all output the same, some are very low power and some are meant for charging devices. That will be determined by looking up the specs for your laptop model.

If you're using a third party power adapter then try a different one.

A more rare event would be a bad USB cable, but it's not unheard of.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois