HTC One After Update Camera no longer has Video Record Option

acimag

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I did an update and it no longer has the option to take a video or Zoe. It just has the option for selfie or Video?

I found i can download a 3rd part camcorder but that sucks. ALSO, I found that when i take a picture with the stock app it shows a check and when i click it it saves the picture and shuts the apps. WTF.

Anyone got any ideas?

Android 4.4.2 Sense 6.0
Unlocked Rooted Superuser

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you see a square with 4 circles in it, to one side of the camera shutter button? Tap that, and you should see options for Video and Zoe. At least, that's what I see on the M8.

Also make sure you've updated Zoe. HTC split it off, and it's now available on the Play Store. Look it up, and tap Update if you see the button.

acimag

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Do you see a square with 4 circles in it, to one side of the camera shutter button? Tap that, and you should see options for Video and Zoe. At least, that's what I see on the M8.

Also make sure you've updated Zoe. HTC split it off, and it's now available on the Play Store. Look it up, and tap Update if you see the button.

Yeah thats what i use to tap to use the camcorder now they are not there.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Was this an official update over the air from your wireless provider? I see that you're rooted--did you update a custom ROM instead?

acimag

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
no still standard. actually i bricked the phone yesterday and did a RUU reinstall.

then as i started to import my documents things kept pooping up to install i said yes. then i noticed it was gone. i think it was from sprint not htc.

no custom roms, just plain old 4.4.2 i just wanted to use xposed because i can tweak the phone good.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Cool! Thanks for letting us know your solution--hopefully it'll help someone else stuck in the same boat!

acimag

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
yea i hope it helps someone.

just incase someone googles the app version i had htc one camera app version 6.1.773768

ripcurl_boarda

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Exact same problem but power saver is off, any ideas? Rooted HTC One mini.

Android 4.4.2
HTC Sense 6.0
Software # 4.09.401.3
HTC SDK API level 6.20
Kernel 3.4.10-g7de23fa, andABM101 #1, SMP PREEMPT
Baseband version 1.28.40e.00.24_10.z19.40.1304L
Build number 4.09.401.3 CL354395 release-keys

Bricked phone, took for repair asked for factory spec, got it back working didn't realise he'd rooted it and just noticed video and zoe not working

Heeeeelp!

BalataGrande

May 19, 2015
Visit site
If you are using the Camera app on the Google toolbar at the bottom it will ONLY allow you camera/selfie options. You have to go to your apps, and use the camera function from there to get the video option. I don't know why, but I DO know that it is the way it is. Hope this helps.