Why is my phone taking so long to charge (HTC One M7)?

Keires

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Problems with my HTC One M7

Hi everyone,

So I've recently been having a few problems with my phone...

1) I've been charging the phone for about 18 hours now and it's only gotten to 75% (My battery app has an estimate of 1 day and 2 hours to reach 100%).
2) The wifi on the phone is very slow (about 3 mbps when my internet plan has a max of 30 mbps).

For the charging problem I've tried resets, other android chargers, and hooking the charger to a reliable wall outlet but none have worked so far. For the wifi, it looks like the phone works fine with other wifi signals except my home one although my roommate's phone works at home as well. Any ideas on what I should do?

Thanks!

Keires

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Problems with my HTC One M7

Thanks for the link B. Diddy, that solved my wifi problem. And yes, I am using the original charger and plug (have also used another M7 charger and Galaxy S4).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Does the battery otherwise behave abnormally, like discharge quickly? If so, I'd wonder about a failing battery. If it's more of a charge issue, and you've tried other official M7 chargers, then I'd wonder about the charging port itself.

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site

Does the battery otherwise behave abnormally, like discharge quickly? If so, I'd wonder about a failing battery. If it's more of a charge issue, and you've tried other official M7 chargers, then I'd wonder about the charging port itself.

Not to hijack the thread, having the same charging issue. I'm using original charger, battery drains normally but takes forever to charge.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Is there a notification that says whether it's charging via USB or AC? If the charging plug is faulty or not entirely compatible, it might not recognize that it's on AC, and instead register as USB, and therefore draw much less current. At least, I think that's what happens.

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site

Is there a notification that says whether it's charging via USB or AC? If the charging plug is faulty or not entirely compatible, it might not recognize that it's on AC, and instead register as USB, and therefore draw much less current. At least, I think that's what happens.

No, no notification. I did happen to get one yesterday saying basically to use the original charger & battery is consuming to much power or something along the lines & then while charging the battery started depleting. Ever since it charges while I'm not using it. Idk rep told me to use it till it dies then charge it from scratch using only the original

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, I didn't mean an actual notification in the notification bar. I meant on the Settings>Battery screen--does it say "Charging (AC)" when it's plugged into the wall?

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, I didn't mean an actual notification in the notification bar. I meant on the Settings>Battery screen--does it say "Charging (AC)" when it's plugged into the wall?

Yep, I'm wondering if my battery has gone bad at this point.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

Attachments

• 139620.jpg
    139620.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 12

Keires

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

So I think my issue has been resolved. When I first got this problem, I was pretty thorough in making sure that there were no other apps/background tasks running (used Clean Master, Ram Booster, cleared caches and data, disabled auto runs, etc.) and when I went into settings, it said that none of the apps were running except for Android so I assumed I was clear on that front. Turns out, I guess I wasn't. I downloaded Battery Doctor, optimized and then my battery started charging normally (from 3.9 volts to 4.3 volts). Maybe this would work for you too Smply_Rcklss?

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site

So I think my issue has been resolved. When I first got this problem, I was pretty thorough in making sure that there were no other apps/background tasks running (used Clean Master, Ram Booster, cleared caches and data, disabled auto runs, etc.) and when I went into settings, it said that none of the apps were running except for Android so I assumed I was clear on that front. Turns out, I guess I wasn't. I downloaded Battery Doctor, optimized and then my battery started charging normally (from 3.9 volts to 4.3 volts). Maybe this would work for you too Smply_Rcklss?

Gonna give it a shot, started using my original charger & it's charging normal again. A rep told me I had to retrain my battery.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site

Yep, I'm wondering if my battery has gone bad at this point.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸
I can see that the power saving modes are grayed for you, so I assume that you have the high performance mode enabled, which could be the reason for the slow charging.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae