Serious charging problem!

rachitboom2

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Guys please help me out I am in serious problem.

I have an international M7 with developer ROM on it. Till yesterday everything was 100% fine. But this morning when I tried to charge it, it gave me an error saying use a supported charger. I have been using the original charger from the beginning. And since then no other chargers are able to charge it. No error message no nothing.

When I try to charge it while powered off it shows "charging" for 1 second and powers down, then again powers back on saying "charging" and this keeps going on n on.

I tried using an OTG flash drive and its working perfectly. Device is powering on without any problem what so ever. Its just not charging. Its also not getting detected by computer.

Please help me out!
:'(

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I'd say it's time to get a new cable. Even though you're using the original cable they do go bad. Called are cheap if you shop around and it's not the cable that determines the charge rate it's the adaptor. When the cable becomes damaged you will start getting error messages like, you're device can't charge because it's using more power than your charger is providing, or connect your device to an a.c.outlet to charge. Most of the time you'll lose charging before you lose data.

Posted via Android Central App

rachitboom2

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I'd say it's time to get a new cable. Even though you're using the original cable they do go bad. Called are cheap if you shop around and it's not the cable that determines the charge rate it's the adaptor. When the cable becomes damaged you will start getting error messages like, you're device can't charge because it's using more power than your charger is providing, or connect your device to an a.c.outlet to charge. Most of the time you'll lose charging before you lose data.

As I have already mentioned that no other chargers or cables are working, I've tired 4 different cables and chargers.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I hate when people don't read things, and somehow I missed that line or read it wrong. I'd take it in to a tech center and have the port checked. If multiple cables don't work and it's not recognized it could be serious.

rachitboom2

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I hate when people don't read things, and somehow I missed that line or read it wrong. I'd take it in to a tech center and have the port checked. If multiple cables don't work and it's not recognized it could be serious.

It does not have warranty so HTC CC is charging me 150$ for repairing...
In fact they are charging the first 100$ just for opening the device. Huh...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma