My wife Burns through Power Cords: Have you purchased a new one yet?

asnigro

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Bending them, getting crimped in her purse under the mass of useless crap she carries in there, and general neglect.

Our original HTC chargers have all been damaged (about 4 now).

I've tried going the cheap route on new egg or similar sites. Not too pleased.

Which cable and or wall plug combo have you purchased?

Any of the higher ampere chargers for a faster charge?

Thanks in advance!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
As far as cables go I've had good and bad, but I always go cheap, I man dollar store and big lots cheap. My issue is the kids charge their stuff and they aren't as careful as I would like them to be.

Posted via Android Central App

asnigro

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I ended up buying 3 (different colors to track which belongs to who and see who breaks theirs first) of the 6 ft Ventev cables that support the 2.1A rapid charging rate (even though the phones may not be able to charged that fast). The HTC cable and wall connector plug appear to be 1A which is fast enough of a charge for me. Anything faster would be an added bonus. For $12-$15 each cord, these better last a while versus the $.99 cables I bought at an online discount store a year ago. I find the little hooks on the end of the micro USB connector that latch to the phone get pushed down and dont stay connect after time.

I also downloaded the Battery Widget app to monitor the charging rate on my current Palm Pre charger I'm using at work. Looks like I'm getting about 500mA to 750mA on it which isnt cutting it while playing a podcast or doing anything else outside of battery mode.

asnigro

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Reporting back on the 2.1A cord and 2.1A wall plug, I'm sad to say they dont work with the HTC ONE (M7) together (I was at least hoping for them to function, but charge at a slower rate than maximally advertised).

I guess I should've researched this a bit more before purchase, but haven't really found much info after looking into it.

The red charging light just flashes on and off along with the charging status going from charging, to not charging (and essentially draining the battery even more since it turns the screen on and off). At least the cord itself when plugged into other wall plugs works quite well.

3Dee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Bending them, getting crimped in her purse under the mass of useless crap she carries in there, and general neglect.

Our original HTC chargers have all been damaged (about 4 now).

I've tried going the cheap route on new egg or similar sites. Not too pleased.

Which cable and or wall plug combo have you purchased?

Any of the higher ampere chargers for a faster charge?

Thanks in advance!

I hesitate to suggest it but....new wife maybe? ;)

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers