I've been experiencing a lag on my HTC One M7 AT&T (rooted to HTC Dev edition ROM) from last few weeks. It completely hangs and stop responding to input all of a sudden. It's like a very serious lag ( 20 seconds to several minutes) that has to either be waited out, or the phone needs to be hard reset (Vol down + Power). Once I reboot the phone, it works fine for few minutes till all the apps boot.

I have activated Show CPU Usage, found that whenever there is a lag a blue bar appears which is 99% of the bar. Also installed system panel as I suspected the CPU might be overtaxed, and have come to the definitive conclusion that every time these lockups happen, a huge blue bar appears the CPU hikes up to 100% Usage. As soon as it goes away, everything is responsive and smooth again. The battery drain is too fast, but no specific application is shown in the battery application.

My question is - what is the blue bar precisely, and how can I find out what's causing it. Mind you, whenever this happens and my CPU is past 100%, none of the apps listed under the bar actually have a usage higher than 2%. Clueless what to do next?
    Do not want to factory reset.
    09-30-2014 07:20 PM
    Same here. I'm looking for help too, I suspect a corellation to the gallery. My Camera/Gallery is sometimes lagging a lot.
    Maybe there is some kind of reindexing process running in the background. I'll try to remove some old images....
    Also I suspect ingress to slowdown the whole phone.
    Do you have news on that topic?

Henry
    11-07-2014 08:25 AM
    Agree this is an issue. I would greatly appreciate an answer.
    01-27-2015 11:43 AM