Why is my HTC One M7 battery life draining so quickly?

Matt4B

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I've had my HTC one m7 on Verizon since mid March 2014 but have really been paying more attention to my battery rather than enjoying using my phone. Not exactly sure when it started but have really noticed it and asked myself "where the hell is my battery going?" more recently. First, I use nova launcher, slide lock and fleksy(a custom keyboard). All these use under 3% when I check. I usually have WiFi on and use my phone a lot for texting over WiFi maybe going on chrome or social networks but not super often. My screen out is at 15 seconds I have the second lowest setting as far as brightness goes but am clueless as to where my battery goes. Whenever I check my rom it says apps like Amazon kindle are running in the background even though I've never touched them. I'll send more specs and anything else needed to figure out what's going on. But now for example I'm on 2 hours 10 minutes and my battery is at 57%...... I usually text and turn my phone off so I really don't see how it's draining... Any tips help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

mikefiori1

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Recently noticed that battery life on my M7 was draining much more than normal. Poked around and found the touch tunes app kept the GPS on constantly with a recent update. I uninstalled and all back to normal. Might be a long shot but thought I'd post.

Posted via Android Central App

JACrazy

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Is it draining even when in standby? I find that battery life is great if i never touch the phone. I can have 80% battery by the end of the day if i rarely use the phone. But screen on time, battery drains a percent every few minutes. Not sure if its because im mostly using the internet when i use my phone or if the screen itself just drains the battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance