HTC One Slow / Lagging

Club Paradise

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
It seems that over the last few months after a few android updates my phones has really slowed down. I remember when I first bought this phone when it was released it was blistering fast, no lag or slowdowns at all. Now nearly every app on the phones lags and takes several seconds to open. It doesn't even seem to be a memory or storage issue, phones has 10gb free space and even when rams cleared still just very slow. Was wondering if its worth factory resetting the phone or is this a common thing now with all the new updates? Don't really want to reset if its not going to make any difference. Anyone else noticed a big change in speed since the phone was new to now?

RattleSnake506

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem with my phone as well. That lag is more pronounced in chrome. When I try to type something in chrome the keyboard takes a couple of seconds to come up. I am not sure if this issue to android updates or something else.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I had terrible lag on my M7, fixed it by taking off all my videos and photos, the storage can't be full, it needs a buffer zone in order to cache from certain apps like chrome. And secondly, I installed the Google keyboard as the HTC keyboard was lagging like crazy. After these two changes my m7 is so super quick.