Messages app freezing for 1 contact.

troy_af

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Hello. The messages app is freezing for one contact, which is the contact I have a lot of messages from. Ive downloaded a third party message app and that works fine so the fault is definitely with the htc software. I would like to continue using this regular htc software for messaging and no, I do not want to delete any of my messages either.

Supposed to be one of the most powerful phones on the market but a thousand short messages and it cant handle it? Pretty sure phone from 10 years ago can do better than that, cheers.

Dogs OfWar

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
You could try clearing the Messages app's cache but I doubt it's going to help. Since you don't want to remove any messages your options are pretty limited.

Personally I switched over to Google Hangouts for SMS/MMS and it has been working great. I don't miss the native app at all.

troy_af

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
yeah I suppose I will have to use a third part app until I get a new phone next year, wont be a HTC. Freezing because of having a thousand on so messages saved is shocking for a top of the range smart phone. My friend has about 6000 messages on her iphone, not problems there.