Hello Androidcentral, it's been awhile since I've posted. I have tried Googling a solution for this, or maybe there is something I am just flat out missing/ knowledge gap. As the title says, I have an HTC One from AT&T which I have rooted and unlocked.

• Last week my wife's HTC One was upgraded from 5.5 to the new 6. (Her phone is unaltered)
    • I went to the settings to check for an update on my phone and began to download the 2gb file without issue. When the phone started applying the update, it restarted and went through the "entering recovery" loading screen. When the phone started up the update seemed to not have been applied. I am wondering since I have rooted my phone if I will have to manually download the file, and flash it to my phone or if I can receive automated factory updates from my carrier.
    • As stated before I think its a knowledge gap on my end, I'm still a novice when it comes to Android phones and rooted via a tutorial on the forums.

Thank you.
    11-24-2014 11:21 AM
    From my understanding rooted phones will not install OTA updates because they need the sock recovery to start the installation process. According to this thread, here, you might need to flash over a few files/flash the entire OS over for it to work.
    Rob Walker 3rd likes this.
    11-24-2014 05:45 PM
    Thanks.
    12-29-2014 08:44 AM