Lollipop... HTC One News vs HTC Website

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I am curious of what people use for the official source for the Lollipop Upgrade for the HTC One (M7).

Android Central, and a few other sites are reporting that the HTC One GPE is in final review, but every M7 and M8 listed on the HTC update website HTC Software Updates | HTC United States says that the M7 and M8 are still in status 0 (zero), or Evaluation... which pretty much means, "We are thinking about it." This is inconsistent with getting the updates out soon, as they have committed to, according to various sources, and with the latest GPE news.

There are no relevant press releases on the HTC site concerning the impending GPE update, so where are people getting the information?

I usually don't concern myself with updates, but I am looking forward to the new interface with Lollipop.

Thoughts?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I am curious of what people use for the official source for the Lollipop Upgrade for the HTC One (M7).

Android Central, and a few other sites are reporting that the HTC One GPE is in final review, but every M7 and M8 listed on the HTC update website HTC Software Updates | HTC United States says that the M7 and M8 are still in status 0 (zero), or Evaluation... which pretty much means, "We are thinking about it." This is inconsistent with getting the updates out soon, as they have committed to, according to various sources, and with the latest GPE news.

There are no relevant press releases on the HTC site concerning the impending GPE update, so where are people getting the information?

I usually don't concern myself with updates, but I am looking forward to the new interface with Lollipop.

Thoughts?
Lollipop (5.0) updates should hit GPe M7/M8 devices soon if the final review goes according to plan: HTC One GPe Lollipop updates entering final stretch this week | Android Central

Regarding non-GPe devices, I'd expect to see more information on the release of Lollipop for those devices in the coming weeks. Definitely keep an eye on the Android Central home page on more information as it becomes available. Official post are typically made via a press release. However, to be transparent and keep consumers informed, many companies take to social media to provide incremental updates. Nothing is ever official unless officially stated otherwise by the company.