Can you block MMS on HTC ONE for a particular harassing person?

Drummer1475

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I have blocked a particular contact due to harassment so I cannot receive calls or sms BUT the harassing person has worked out that MMS still gets through and I want to know if this too can be blocked somehow for individuals. I don't want to have to disable my data as I use this for work. I am not wanting to change my phone number either but it may come to that if there is no other option.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
What your phone gets with an MMS is an SMS with a link to the file. If you're blocking SMS, you won't get the DMS that has the link, so you won't get MMS. I think you may be explaining it wrong.

Drummer1475

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Aaahh ok....well the only other info I can give is that it comes through looking like an ordinary sms but down the bottom says "multimedia message". I'm based in Australia so not sure if that makes a difference. My service provider advised it cannot be blocked but I thought I'd throw it to the masses.

Dec077

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
A licensed version of Norton Mobile Security (on my M7, I use one of the 10 device licences that came with Norton Security with Backup 2015) has a Call Blocking feature that allows you to block specified contacts. I'm guessing there are probably free apps that would do something similar.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781