Htc one m7 power button stuck

Chumchal65

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I am having a problem with the power button on my phone. It's acting like it's stuck getting pushed every couple of seconds. It was just in my pocket when it started doing it. It won't get past the first htc loading screen. It will try too boot up by itself. When it first happened it was on the home screen and the 2 buttons on the bottom were blinking on and off. The only reason I need to get this phone to work is to get all my apps music contacts and everything else off of it. I allready claimed warranty on it and have my new phone I just need to transfer data over.

Any help is appreciated

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Does the button work at all? Can you turn the screen on and off with it? If you can, the phone is bootlooping, and the probable only cure is reflashing the ROM, which will destroy your data.

If you can control the screen with the button, the power switch is shorted. Disconnecting the switch would stop the problem (and replacing it - it's about $6) would fix the phone. But opening the phone to do it would void the warranty.

I can't think of any way you can get the data off the phone other than if the switch is shorted and you don't mind paying to have it replaced by an authorized repair shop (which would probably cost north of $25 for the job).

In the future, make sure everything is backed up to another device or the cloud, so a dead phone doesn't take your data with it.