Unlocked HTC One M7 from Verzion on T Mobiles Network? help.

TrueVision HD

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
The phone is officially unlocked by Verzion. With a T mobile micro sim installed, Im able to send messages and receive phones calls and even use data. But when using data I believe im on T Mobiles 2g Edge network, as a "E" is displayed at the top of the phone for the data connection. I have set my APN to the correct T Mobile APN, but the data speed is noticeably slower than 3g and 4g I was hoping to at least be able to use T Mobiles 3g connectivity. But after searching online im aware of the fact that Verzion is CDMA and T Mobile is GSM so devices would be incompatible between the two service providers. Also isn't the Verizon HTC One M7 a global phone? On the phone in network settings, under preferred networks I have the option to select "Global" "LTE / CDMA" and "GSM / UMTS". In global mode im able to use the edge data network. In GSM / UMTS i have the options of GSM / UMTS Dual, GSM only, and UMTS only. With GSM / UMTS Dual and GSM only I connect to the edge network service and with UMTS only I get no data. I would like to be able to use atleast 3g, is this possiable? If not what other service provider could I use? Sprint and Verzion are both use CDMA networks could I use this device with Sprint? Or maybe even straight talk?
P.S. What is Edge network anyway? A "E" is displayed above the data connections symbol. Whats the point if the edge network? Its noticeably slower its 2g correct?

waazzupppp

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
It's bad news for you... The radio set in the VZW version was different than the standard CDMA device.

LTE (4G)
1900 PCS+G / band 25 USA - Verizon version supports LTE 750 instead of 1900

WCDMA (3G / 4G)
1900 PCS / band 2 (II) Americas
2100 IMT / band 1 (I) Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania, Brazil, India, Israel

CDMA (2G / 3G)
800 ESMR / BC10 Americas
850 Cellular / BC0 Americas, Oceania, Brazil, Israel
1900 PCS / BC1 Americas

GSM (2G)
850 Cellular Americas, Oceania, Brazil, Israel
900 Europe, Asia, Africa
1800 DCS Europe, Asia, Africa
1900 PCS Americas

The key feature on this one is the BOTTOM category... GSM (2G) - those are the frequencies that T-Mobile and AT&T use. This is why VZW had NO problems bowing to the FCC's requirements that they unlock their phones. They only really worked on Verizon at the time. Of course, now with Band 13 being more popular (T-Mobile and Verizon use 13) it's a bit more helpful to have them unlocked.

For your situation though, you will see "E" which is EDGE data or 2G. In GSM mode, it would say H+ or possibly just 3G/4G. Then in LTE mode it would say LTE/4G depending on variant. You won't move off the E though with the Verizon version unless you are on the VZW network.