This happened just few hours ago when my phone (HTC One M7) prompt me to do a system update. I thought it was just another update as this has happened in the past and did not affect my phone in anyway. However, when it was almost done, it said that the system update crashed or something and couldn't be completed. I've had this phone for close to 2 years now and it has been great till now other than the camera. What do I do? It's stuck on the HTC page that always appear before going to the normal home screen and there's a pop-up that won't go away even after several off and on and restart. What should I do? My warranty's over and I have no idea how much this fix up would cost and I'm probably getting a new phone soon in another 24 days. I have not saved my latest data down and it's all inside. What should I do?
    04-07-2015 07:54 AM
    Welcome to Android Central. Try rebooting into recovery http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...tc-one-m8.html, and clear the system cache.

I know the above is for the M8, but I think everything is the same.
    Welcome to Android Central. Try rebooting into recovery http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...tc-one-m8.html, and clear the system cache.

I know the above is for the M8, but I think everything is the same.
    04-07-2015 08:46 AM
    I've had this same issue with my M7. Lollipop update crashes, restart phone and we just get to the red triangle screen.

I've tried the link above suggesting to wipe the cache and reboot but I always get back to the red triangle screen.

I'm trying to avoid any factory reset as there's data in there that I don't want to lose. If I could take the SD card out it wouldn't be a problem but I haven't got that option with the M7 =(

Is there anything else I can try? I see people suggesting downloading RUUs in other threads but I'm not sure what this is or does. Looking around I can see it's a windows executable file that installs some ROM? Would this help? Also I'm not sure which one I'd need. Thanks.
    04-09-2015 05:03 AM