Why won't my HTC M7 wifi and Bluetooth turn on?

A

AC Question

My HTC M7 wifi and bluetooth wont turn on.pls help

When i turn on wifi, i just keeping showing "turning on" for some time and then shows"Error".
And also the bluetooth wont turn on.

Model: HTC M7
Updates: Up to date (Android 5.0.2 and software no.7.19.401.2

I have tried factory reset, still same problem

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My HTC M7 wifi and bluetooth wont turn on.pls help

Welcome to Android Central! Is this an unrooted phone? Any drops or other trauma? I wonder if there could be a loose connection somewhere, but it can be a bit difficult to open the HTC One up by yourself, due to its unibody design. You may have to bring it to a repair shop.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: My HTC M7 wifi and bluetooth wont turn on.pls help

Sounds like you did the hard part first... Factory resets are usually the last resort, as I'm sure you found they can be a bit time consuming, but that answers a lot of questions. Are you using any kind of battery saver, memory saver, or antivirus apps? Not so much the AV app but the other two can and will shutdown resources to to save battery power or memory. Sometimes these apps are not completely compatible with the devices or OS and cause odd things to happen. Before we get into that though, let me ask before your M7 started restoring all of your apps and backup data, did you try either one and did it work for a short time and then stop? This would definitely point to an app issue. If not one of the types mentioned a launcher or other connection app. I know from experience that many of the settings do not change on the M7 from a factory reset, in your settings under Advanced Wi-Fi is Network Notification checked? I ask because I'm wondering if your device ever tells you there is a network available? I do realize that it is currently faulting out while turning on, I'm just considering everything. If you didn't try it when it was empty right after the FR that would be where I'd start. I'm a little skeptical of damage only because if you lost WiFi and BlueTooth to a loose or damaged antenna I feel like you would have lost data and calling, but maybe not.

App
Setting
Empty
Damage

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos