How to recover contacts after factory reset - HTC M7- Not rooted?

A

AC Question

How to recover contacts after factory reset - HTC M7- Not rooted

I made a factory reset and lost all data in my HTC M7, is there a way to recover the contacts .
My phone is not rooted and i dont want to.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: How to recover contacts after factory reset - HTC M7- Not rooted

If you saved contacts as Google contacts (Gmail) they are automatically backed up online. Just add your Google account to the phone and enable sync and contacts will automatically be restored to the phone. Saving contacts to your Google account is highly recommended.

If you did not save contacts to Google and didn't do manual backups then the contacts are gone.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

jamesmeyers80

May 23, 2015
Visit site

I did a factory reset on May 19th and the backup hasn't fully recovered after being backed up to the HTC cloud or Google? Also lost half of my contacts, I have done this previously back in January 2015 and had no such issue then.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

I don't know anything about backups to HTC. Sorry.

If you want contacts to be backed up to Google (you should) then you have to be sure to save them to Google. The phone can only do what you tell it to.

This should restore saved Google contacts as long as it hasn't been over 30 days since they were deleted: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1069522?hl=en

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Last edited:

vbdwork

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site

I made a factory reset and lost all data in my HTC M7, is there a way to recover the contacts .
My phone is not rooted and i dont want to.

No way to recover anything from the phone. Online contacts or backup are the only options.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

I did a factory reset on May 19th and the backup hasn't fully recovered after being backed up to the HTC cloud or Google?
Go to Google Contacts/More/Restore contacts. (You'll still have to go to the old page and do More/Restore contacts again - they haven't added the function to the new page yet.) You can restore contacts deleted during the last 30 days or less (your choice of how far back to go, up to 30 days).

If you did some sort of HTC backup, no idea.