Why won't my HTC One M7 sync and authenticate my home Wi-Fi?

A

AC Question

My HTC One M7 won't sync and authenticate my home Wi-Fi

it just started happening 2 days ago and I just keep getting the message that sync is temporarily down and will return shortly. When I hit sync all again it just does the same thing again. My Wi-Fi is working fine on my desk top but I did shut down and boot up again. I also shut my phone down and restarted. Same thing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My HTC One M7 won't sync and authenticate my home Wi-Fi

Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying this only happens on your home wi-fi, but not on other wi-fi networks? How about on mobile data?

t-lynn50

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site

Thank you for getting back to me. Since I posted my question, I found your guide for wi-fi connection issues and I rebooted my router and that seems to have fixed the problem somewhat. I can at least connect to my wi-fi but it takes a lot of patience on my part because of the synching issue with my phone. It takes forever to finally connect after telling me that that sync is temporarily unavailable a bunch of times. To answer your question, this only happens on my home wi-fi not on any others and it doesn't happen when I'm using my mobile data either.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

When you have those sync problems, go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], uncheck the component that's having the sync problem, then check it again. That usually fixes it, at least temporarily. If it keeps happening, consider removing your Google account completely, then adding it back again.