Afternoon all.

I've got this 'blue phone' notification icon on my HTC that I can't seem to delete. I initially thought it was a missed call icon or something, but i've checked my call records and I haven't missed any. Can anyone ID this for me, and tell me how to remove it? Thanks in advance.
    Here's a picture of it, top left hand corner:

HTC One M7 - Unidentified notification icon.-screenshot_2015-08-17-11-16-26.jpg
    08-17-2015 06:24 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It's not still in the middle of a call, is it? What happens if you bring up the Phone/Dialer app? Or what do you see when you swipe down the notification panel?
    08-17-2015 02:45 PM
    Hi!
    Yeah, it's still there when I launch the phone app.
    When I swipe the notification panel down from the top, it just says "tap to return call", but there's no number listed.
    I'm reluctant to push it, because it looks a bit suspect to me. Normal missed call notifications are obviously represented by the red phone icon, and the green phone icon indicates a call in progress. I've never seen a blue one in the 2 years i've owned the phone.
    08-17-2015 05:13 PM
    When you swipe the panel down, long-press that phone icon notification, then tap App Info to see which app is responsible for it.
    08-17-2015 08:43 PM
    Now that's interesting... it's Facebook.

I've also had a look through the list of permissions the app has as a result of installing it on my phone, and it's quite scary. Apparently it's allowed to read my texts, send emails to people without my knowledge, call anyone in my phone directory, add or remove any accounts, modify any storage, record audio.... the list goes on.

Screw that. I'm deleting it immediately, and using the internet browser to access it in future... that's disgraceful. I genuinely didn't know it had access to such a wide-ranging scope of intrusions. Probably a bit naive of me to be honest, but if anyone else isn't aware, it's definitely something to take into consideration.

Thanks for your help
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-18-2015 03:46 AM
    Yikes! That's helpful to know. I try to limit Facebook where I can on my phone--I don't have Messenger installed, and I turn off all sync option for contacts and photos. But the wide range of permissions that you see are pretty much standard nowadays for social media apps, I think.
    08-18-2015 03:59 PM